PDA

View Full Version : I feel better after reading this

stormwatcheagle
03-09-2003, 03:04 AM
So the same bickering, spamming, flaming, and newbie bashing that happens here happens at message boards around the world.

http://www.bigmog.com/phorum/read.php?f=2&i=3607&t=3607

This may seem old news to you, but it brings peace to my soul to know that we are not the only ones who act in such a way. It's reassuring to see complete strangers hurl insults at each other at other places. It let me know this is normal. It also makes me believe that people will never stop fighting. But then, why waste energy fighting when you know you won't win?

VashdeStampedo!
03-09-2003, 03:18 AM
Is it just me, or are all of those people REALLY FUCKING STUPID? I read the first half or so, and oh my God they can't get any dumber!

The Savior
03-09-2003, 03:18 AM
From what I've seen, this is one of the better message boards with regards to conduct. :shrug:

VashdeStampedo!
03-09-2003, 03:29 AM
Yeah, the others I've been a part of don't have a GB, so people flame all over the place. The GB really keeps people in line.

Thunderbird
03-09-2003, 05:34 AM
Flaming didn't seem to be much of a problem during the periods in which GB had been absent.

But yeah, this board is one of the few I've seen where you don't have complete idiots continuously posting things against the rules (the ones that do are banned pretty quick). On at least one forum, there are pages with around 75% of the threads in the view are locked, because newbies didn't read the rules and posted something completely against them.

Drunken Tiger
03-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by The Savior
From what I've seen, this is one of the better message boards with regards to conduct. :shrug:

I would agree with you... Nearly all the other ones are soo immature, im not saying that we are very mature... ;)

Ultra22Lemming
03-09-2003, 10:55 AM
I'm curious what made this topic come about? I do agree that this place might actually be better, but still not good.