PDA

View Full Version : Question about 1.92 build 182

mjctraider
03-08-2003, 09:06 PM
I downloaded the latest version and when I run zelda-w it loads the title screen and then fades and shows the items you can collect and a little storyline, then it goes back to the title screen. My question is how do I start a game? I know it's a dumb question, lol, but I've hit every key on my keyboard just about and everything else happens except going to the screen whre you can start your quest and create your name, etc

Dark Nation
03-08-2003, 10:55 PM
You should be able to hit the Enter key and get in.

mjctraider
03-08-2003, 11:00 PM
Nope the only key that does anything is 'd'. It seems to exit out completely Oh wait F1 changes the speed and p and a pauses.

mjctraider
03-08-2003, 11:07 PM
I'm trapped in an infinite loop, lol.

mjctraider
03-08-2003, 11:09 PM
If i type zelda-w -fast at the command prompt I can get to the register screen, but it is frozen and stays frozen and the only key that seems to work is esc.

mjctraider
03-08-2003, 11:36 PM
The dos version does the same thing as above, lol. I'll be in an infinite loop forever

plith
03-08-2003, 11:46 PM
This is a very patiently friendly reminder not to post more than once in a row in a topic. If you feel the need to add anything to your post, use the fancy little edit button you see just below your post.

At the title screen, hit ESC and go to the menu labelled options or settings or some such. The Key Buttons menu item should allow you to change your settings for keys. Click on "Start" and hit the ENTER key. If it doesn't work after that, then yours must be a special problem.

mjctraider
03-08-2003, 11:53 PM
It worked. Thanks and my apologies for above, didn't realize there was an edit button. I'm new to this forum. It will never happen again