PDA

View Full Version : more stupid questions

ryan
03-08-2003, 01:45 AM
:) first thanks to everyone whos answers any of my questions, the tutorial i got with my copy doesnt work correctly, and i got as far as i am now with just testing, so please be patient with some of my questions.

anyway today im working on signs, my character will need to read signs, and i dont want to have a string just appear with him entering a screen, can i do this?

also i just started playing around with warps, when i warp to a different DMAP he doesnt appear, i ve noticed that if i start on a screen with an item on it the item will not appear until i re enter that screen
and finally any suggestions on where i can find some cool tiles

thanks again guys

ryan
03-08-2003, 02:10 AM
also i dont know how to change the colors in the tile edit screen, nothing ever happens when i try to change them

Freedom
03-08-2003, 02:30 AM
press - and + on your number pad to change colors.
as for the signs, you're on your own there, I'd like to know that myself :O)

here's the tutorial
http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/contents.html

Teilyr
03-08-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by ryan
today im working on signs, my character will need to read signs, and i dont want to have a string just appear with him entering a screen, can i do this?
Depends on what you mean. If you're implying that you'd like to have Link walk up to a sign, and there be some text pop up on the screen that he seems to read, then then yes.

Just draw it up in the tile editor.. Then, assign it combos, and layer it onto the screen. As for how the player reads it, well.. It's as simple as a insta tile warp that occurs when you get close to the sign.

Player walks onto the warp, reads sign, then goes on about their business.

also i just started playing around with warps, when i warp to a different DMAP he doesnt appear, i ve noticed that if i start on a screen with an item on it the item will not appear until i re enter that screen.

Make sure that you're setting the blue & green boxes that're found by pressing page down on your keyboard.

and finally any suggestions on where i can find some cool tiles

www.purezc.com We have a large selection of tiles & sets for download. :) Replies are in bold.

But read this.. The tutorial NEVER stops applying. It describes the basics of ZC & ZQ, which no newbie shouldn't read. So, even though AlphaDawg made it for version 1.90, alot of what's in there still applies to day.

1.92 is just a really tricked up version of 1.90. If you don't know how to use 1.90, you won't be around very long.:tongue:

ryan
03-09-2003, 06:08 PM
thanks, but nobody understands this question , i want to change the colors on the tile edit screen ie i want more colors, i've tried the 'edit' but nothing happens after i 'edit', please remember that im editing tiles, not changing screen colors

Teilyr
03-09-2003, 06:29 PM
You only have 16 colors per cset. So, unless you edit them, you're not going to have more colors.

Now, you can press + & - (on the right side of the keyboard as the top keys might not work) while on any screen to change the cset of whatever palette, but that, and changing the palette that you're working on are the only things that you can do to get more colors.

Octorok101
03-09-2003, 07:56 PM
to change the colors of the pallette when you click edit in the tile editor click palette then choose you pallette then cset and modify the colors.