PDA

View Full Version : P.n.0.3. - Whoa!

ShyGuy0824
03-08-2003, 12:13 AM
I have to say, when I first saw the game Product Number 3, I was thinking that it was an okay concept, but it didn't look like much fun, and I was much more interested in the innovative Viewtiful Joe. However, there is a trailer out now (On IGNcube, at least), and I have to say that if you have the connection, check it out now. Even D.C. would say that the game looks really, really cool. The inspired character design is just so good that it makes me wonder why I want a job. I'd post screenshots, but this is one trailer that you REALLY have to see in motion. Give it a try, and trust me on this one.

Warlock
03-08-2003, 06:06 AM
Yeah, I have been looking forward to this since it was announced.. this movie just makes it look even more awesome. Based on the different outfits, I wonder if they really plan to do an extensive multiplayer mode in it. I mean, the game almost has an arcade feel to it too, with the fast paced action and just the general look of it. I think it could have an excellent MP mode.. deathmatch or maybe coop, point battles (try to get more points then opponents), etc..

Edit: here is the link DC
http://cubemovies.ign.com/cube/video/pn03_3_07.mpg

Cronic
03-08-2003, 06:06 AM
District of Columbia or Darth Cronic?

Also... Link?

ShyGuy0824
03-08-2003, 12:44 PM
What's the District of Columbia? (lol)

Something tells me there probably won't be much of a multiplayer, but I will commend the fact that although there isn't much of a 'colorful, different environmental setting', as you see in so many games, but instead it's sticking to its storyline.

And truly, I think the most impressive thing about the video is just how fluid and, I don't know, interactive Vanessa is when she moves. You usually see stupid blocky character movements (Konami changed that pretty well with MGS), but it's really stepped up here. I don't know whether she has different powers or if she needs suits to use them, but the game looks really cool. I like the full red suit's power/look best.

Warlock
03-08-2003, 04:11 PM
I am wondering if the Product No. 3 is the suit... although I think they said it was some big-ass laser gun before, I don't really see her carrying one.. it all seems to be built into her suit.. it's all japanese anyways so maybe someone mistranslated something :)

Did you see the release date? March 27th, 2003? Bit ambicious.. they must be almost done (or done?).. Wonder what the US date will be..

ShyGuy0824
03-08-2003, 06:39 PM
3/27 in Japan, I believe, I don't think they know about the U.S. yet.

Does anyone else find Vanessa's look familiar? Like you've seen her in some movie or something?

Ah, ha ha, sorry WL, I missed the last sentence. I think they're listed on most release date lists as "Spring 2003"

SDA inc.
03-08-2003, 07:03 PM
man i saw ths game in a gameing book this game is vaery good every one should check it out i know i will

Warlock
03-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ShyGuy0824
3/27 in Japan, I believe, I don't think they know about the U.S. yet.

Does anyone else find Vanessa's look familiar? Like you've seen her in some movie or something?

That's what I meant (hence the "I wonder what the US date is?" thing :D)

I dunno, she doesn't really look all that familiar. I suppose there are plenty of video game chicks that probably have a similar appearance (she vaguely resembles Johanna Dark I suppose.. I mean the good Perfect Dark 64 one, not the big-breasted bimbo Perfect Dark 0 one :D)

MottZilla
03-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Since it is by Capcom I will definitly try this game when it's released. Capcom makes good games...

Warlock
03-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Since it is by Capcom I will definitly try this game when it's released. Capcom makes good games...

Correction. Capcom makes good original games followed by an insane number of shitty sequels :D hehe.. seriously, as much as I love Mega Man, Capcom has driven the series into the ground. Some of the new games just suck ass. They make too many sequels which just go to ruin the franchise. Hell, look at how many fucking Street Fighter TWO games there were! Not even sequels! THE SAME FUCKING GAME. Street Fighter 2, Super Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Street Fighter 2 Alpha (there was one, right? I never followed the arcade games, not to mention I never cared for SF2 that much after the first one), etc etc etc.. it goes on forever! Jesus! haha..

Edit: You gotta love ToastyFrog :D (http://www.toastyfrog.com/2d/features/embarrassing_companies_03.shtml)

MottZilla
03-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Actually, Capcom made Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition and Turbo to RESPOND to the players and bootleggers that liked hacked SF2s, which speed up gameplay, and let you play as the boss characters.

Super Street Fighter II was to upgrade the series to the latest hardware, take advantage of QSound, more game storage space, meaning much more vivid graphics, raster effects, etc.

Street Fighter Alpha gave the game a much more intense/faster feel. SFA2, was, indeed pretty useless. Street Fighter Alpha 3 was a very nice improvement. Now... they didn't continue it after that, as it was indeed, done.

I do agree, Mega Man 4 - 6 were so-so, but they did have some interestign things that were worth while. Now, as far as Mega Man X goes, it did NOT go badly till MMX5. Mega Man X4 was some awesome shit.

stormwatcheagle
03-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Damn, she's agile. It reminds me of the Matrix as a ballet. and Vanessa looks like Aki from the Final Fantasy movie.

Warlock
03-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Actually, Capcom made Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition and Turbo to RESPOND to the players and bootleggers that liked hacked SF2s, which speed up gameplay, and let you play as the boss characters.

Super Street Fighter II was to upgrade the series to the latest hardware, take advantage of QSound, more game storage space, meaning much more vivid graphics, raster effects, etc.

Street Fighter Alpha gave the game a much more intense/faster feel. SFA2, was, indeed pretty useless. Street Fighter Alpha 3 was a very nice improvement. Now... they didn't continue it after that, as it was indeed, done.

I do agree, Mega Man 4 - 6 were so-so, but they did have some interestign things that were worth while. Now, as far as Mega Man X goes, it did NOT go badly till MMX5. Mega Man X4 was some awesome shit.

Yes, that is true. I havn't played MMX4, but I heard it was good. X5 sucked tho. I hear X6 blows even worse.

It's just kinda sad that they get so many great games, and then make waaaaaaaaaaaay too many sequels. Toasyfrog described it as the law of deminishing returns. You churn out too many sequels, each one gets a little worse..

Gerudo
03-09-2003, 10:39 PM
X4 has some shitty voice acting, imo... gameplay was classic MMX...

but this movie kicked ass! cant wait for the game!

MottZilla
03-09-2003, 11:55 PM
Actually Gerudo, while yes, the voice acting sucked, if you played RockManX4, you wouldn't have that, and the game would be flawless.

ShyGuy0824
03-09-2003, 11:58 PM
on a related but completely offtopic tangent (hence, tangent),

isn't there a new MMX coming out soon? While I haven't had personal experience with overdone sequels (much, FF has lost my interest), part of the attractiveness of P.N.0.3 is that you want to know what it's about instead of expecting the same Mario or Zelda and being disappointed when it's different.

MottZilla
03-10-2003, 12:01 AM
Mega Man X7 is coming out soon. It will feature 2 player mode I believe and is 3D.

Brasel
03-10-2003, 02:28 AM
Wow...this looks interesting. It'll be a renter for me because shoot em up games and mindless blasters just don't usually keep my interest much.

Mega Man X4 WAS the shit. I loved that game so much...but the first one was better.

I got so sick of Capcom and their sequal crap that after MMX5, I gave up completely on Mega Man. I haven't played X6 and don't plan on even renting X7.