PDA

View Full Version : In your face, penguin

Beldaran
03-07-2003, 01:06 PM
Interesting... (http://www.worldtechtribune.com/worldtechtribune/template.asp)

Myth
03-07-2003, 02:08 PM
lol, your one for the links eh? :P

anyway.. the fact is that many Windows OS users are basically computer illiterate wannabe users so know nothing about the computer/internet at all thus need the added security given by windows.

More "1337" computer users would prefer to use Linux and Unix based OS's due to not necesarily the lack of security provided by it but the fact that they can run more "unknown" projects off it themselves. =/

Anyway I use Windows ME basically because im too lazy to change.. and that I dont truely see any problems with it myself for what I need it for... very little.

AlexMax
03-07-2003, 04:55 PM
It's about time that you found an anti-Linux page. Ones that are well thought out like the one you link to are rather hard to find on the internet. And in my humble opinion, Windows 2000 is quite a good operating system that I fear may be weeded out by Microsoft in favor of XP soon.

Still, I think we both know who is more ahead in terms of OS pumping posts. ^_^ And also, Linux is becoming far more appealing overseas where people simply don't trust Microsoft

And a far more respectable source than that one you provided says that Linux is instead going up. Which publication?

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/toc/03_09/B382203linux.htm

Though it's more likely to make headway in places where it counts, cash registers and the like, at first. (Hell, at school, our lunch was delayed the first few days because Windows 2000, the OS used to run our cafeteria checkouts, kept crashing for no reason (we had used it the year before without problems))

VashdeStampedo!
03-07-2003, 04:57 PM
I use 98, just because it can run most games, and the later versions of Windows (except XP home) aren't good for games.

I'm kinda surprised how low OS X got for Mac. . .

vegeta1215
03-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Geesh, Red Hat speaks and everyone listens.

VashdeStampedo! What do you mean about being "surprised how low OS X got for Mac"?

Beldaran
03-07-2003, 09:30 PM
To be honest, I'm quite impassionate about which OS is better. Like Alex said, I just thought it was interesting to find an anti-linux post.:)

gdorf
03-08-2003, 12:21 AM
That was an interesting read. It was very well thought-out. The only thing that really bothered me about it was the fact that they grouped all of linux in with Redhat. I'd be very interested in seeing some facts about mandrake, slackware, and some other distro's as welll.

Anyway, thanks for the link. :)

VashdeStampedo!
03-08-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
VashdeStampedo! What do you mean about being "surprised how low OS X got for Mac"?
Just something to rub into GateKeeper's face. He won't shut up about how Macs are better than Windows in every single way. Has anyone else ever noticed that you see a LOT of Mac users slandering Windows, but not a lot of Windows users slamming Macs? It's like Macs are made for the whiny nerds. . .

AlexMax
03-08-2003, 01:14 AM
Where the fuck do you come from? I head loads of bullshit about how Windows users slam Macs almost every day.

Well, maybe not THAT often, but they are quite populous. :P

VashdeStampedo!
03-08-2003, 01:27 AM
But, in comparison to Mac users slamming Windows, then. . . there is no comparison. Bad word choice. But the delete key is so far away. . . and that should be backspace, damn it. This is a downward spiral.

Ich
03-08-2003, 01:40 AM
If you haven't used the opposition, (my step brother's iBook kicks serious ass, even aol doesn't crash on it), you have no right to bash. Most Mac users have to use ms products at work or school. windows users do not. Until my step brother got his iBook, I had never used a mac newer than a IIGS or a 450 Performa.

VashdeStampedo!
03-08-2003, 01:56 AM
What kind of iBook? Cuz some of those suck.

AOL didn't crash? That's just not possible.

vegeta1215
03-08-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by VashdeStampedo!

Just something to rub into GateKeeper's face. He won't shut up about how Macs are better than Windows in every single way. Has anyone else ever noticed that you see a LOT of Mac users slandering Windows, but not a lot of Windows users slamming Macs? It's like Macs are made for the whiny nerds. . .

Oh ok.

Well, I personally think Macs are better than Windows. But even though I like OS X alot, but I'm not going to rub it into anyone's face. Both Windows XP and Mac OS X have their strong points.