PDA

View Full Version : ***owned***

Drunken Tiger
03-07-2003, 03:01 AM
High School Team Loses By 113 (http://www.jimrome.com/home/article/article_3.html)

Is that real or just bullshit??? :eyebrow:

Thunderbird
03-07-2003, 03:20 AM
The article you've linked has nothing to do with the text of the link o_O

Drunken Tiger
03-07-2003, 03:31 AM
Hrmmm.........

Sorry about this....

It’s not a good time to be on the girls basketball team at Lakeshore Public Academy.

Lakeshore Public Academy in Hart, MI lost a heartbreaker to Walkerville High. Well, that’s not exactly true. They got the crap beat out of them 115-2. Not 115-102, but 115 to 2. That’s a spread of 113 points.

115 to 2?!

Well at least they got two points. You would’ve hated for that game to get out of hand. At least they got two. You would’ve hated to see that turn into a rout. Seeing as the game started out close in the first half at 0-0, you never want to see it get away.

115-2? Are you kidding me? I don’t know what’s more amazing…that one team managed to score 115 or the other team only scored 2.

The ‘star?player for Lakeshore, Melissa Hawley said that she and her teammates were giving their best.

“We never gave up, they were just a lot better than we were.?br>
Melissa Hawley

Uh, yes Melissa, they were 113 points better than you. And not that I would encourage anyone to quit in a sporting sense, but Lake Shore should have quit. There’s nothing to learn losing by 113 points. That doesn’t build character. That doesn’t do anybody any good. Walkerville doesn’t get any better and Lake Shore doesn’t get any better.

Look, I know somebody has to win and somebody has to lose. It’s sports, it’s competition. But it’s high school, not the NBA. You learn how to accept defeat graciously in a loss. You learn sportsmanship and how to deal with it. But none of that is learned losing by 113 points.

What does a coach tell his players after a game like that? The coach shouldn’t have put his team in that position. You don’t learn anything by being embarrassed by 113 points.

Blonde799
03-07-2003, 03:50 AM
WTF? I'm sure someone rigged the baskets.:shrug:

Beldaran
03-07-2003, 04:42 AM
lmao @ that team

carrot red
03-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Surely there was only one basket, the other was on vacation.:p

VashdeStampedo!
03-07-2003, 05:30 PM
And in place of a ball they had a very powerful magnet attracted to the basket, but whose attraction turned to repulsion for several seconds after each contact.

That's like a damn basket every few seconds. . . how could that ever happen?

Ich
03-07-2003, 10:52 PM
Our high school team once won a football (American football) game by 69-0. It was ended about half a quarter early because either everyone got tired of it, or the officials wanted to report a score of 69-0.