PDA

View Full Version : Help with tics

Teilyr
03-07-2003, 02:24 AM
I'm trying to do an effect with my title screen that will use tics to change the look of it over time. However, no matter how high I set the tic level, the warp is triggered as soon as the opening circle occurs on the screen.

Is this a beta bug, or something that I'm simply over looking?

Blonde799
03-07-2003, 02:51 AM
One problem may be that link is standing on a pit combo. In some cases, as soon as he starts on it, he gets warped to another screen.

Teilyr
03-07-2003, 04:59 AM
But guess what? He's not.

I was able to fix my problem by moving the first screen to 01, but I find it odd that I had the problem in the first place.

Perhaps it's just screen 00?

Blonde799
03-07-2003, 05:43 AM
I doubt a screen could be the problem. Getting warped as soon as you start usually means link is on a pit(I would know, I'm pissing players off by doing so), or maybe a stair.:shrug: Or, it could just be one of those roaming bugs. I wouldn't really worry, unless you can duplicate it....

TheGeepster
03-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Screen 00 may have special properties. There is the infamous continue bug usually found in dungeons. So it is not beyond the realm of possibilty for another bug to be associated with screen 00 only.

Blonde799
03-07-2003, 10:29 PM
But the continue bug doesn't have to do with screen 00, but point 00 of a DMap. Special property screens are usually isolated to the 80+ screens.

TheGeepster
03-07-2003, 10:47 PM
It is also possible it might also be a dmap screen 00 bug. I don't know how Teilyr moved the intro screen over. Or it could possibly be something subtle was set up wrong. Any way seems unlikely to me.

Teilyr
03-08-2003, 02:26 AM
You don't understand how I moved it? It’s quite simple, actually.

Press C, go to edit, and select paste all. It’s a very simple screen copy, without having to redo all of the crap that was on it before. Nifty, eh?

As for this “bug” try to recreate it, if you'd like. Here's how I did it. Some of the details might be extra, but you can never give out too much info when it comes to possible bugs.

Create a screen using layers 3, 4, 5 & 6. Set your sidewarp for 01. Go into the screen data (f9) and turn on No Subscreen & No Link. Set your tics for a significantly high number, and then test it.

Oh, did I mention that I'm using 182? This might be resolved in higher betas.