PDA

View Full Version : Damn, that's irritating...

DarkDragoonX
03-07-2003, 12:58 AM
Developers need more creative names... acronyms are starting to get reused. For example, when Super Monkey Ball was released, people would say "SMB," and I thought they were talking about Super Mario Bros... now, we have a thread about Starfox Advertures using the same acronym as Street Fighter Alpha... it's just too damn annoying.

mikeron
03-07-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
Developers need more creative names... acronyms are starting to get reused. For example, when Super Monkey Ball was released, people would say "SMB," and I thought they were talking about Super Mario Bros... now, we have a thread about Starfox Advertures using the same acronym as Street Fighter Alpha... it's just too damn annoying. YES! I clicked into that thread ready to give Street Fighter advice and, then, with half a ton of raw brilliance halfway up my throat, I see the words "Star Fox". Violently, all the info paristalted its way back down, with fuck resonating in my disappointed heart. :( Doesn't anyone want to post about Street Fighter?

Blonde799
03-07-2003, 02:46 AM
It is irritating, but only because a lot of people are using the wrong acronyms for the games.:shrug: Some people should follow plith's advice of spelling most words(I'll include titles here) in full.

Cronic
03-07-2003, 03:26 AM
Maybe reading the entire post may give you a clue as to what people are talking about -_-

Blonde799
03-07-2003, 03:40 AM
Try reading the first post, then read some game titles on the net. Some use acronyms for titles that only have one word(for example, Xenosaga).-_- And yes, some people should still follow plith's advice.:shrug:

I don't think developers are actually trying to make the acronyms the same, it just happens.

Beldaran
03-07-2003, 04:35 AM
ITTTTIAFOBCIGSOATWRTOTI!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

[translation: I thint that this topic is a funny one because I get sick of acronyms too when reading things on the internet]

DarkDragoonX
03-07-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Maybe reading the entire post may give you a clue as to what people are talking about -_-

That's the thing... I know what these people are talking about, it just bugs me. I have no rational explanation for my hatred of reused acronyms, it's just sort of there.

AlexMax
03-07-2003, 05:13 PM
SMB RULES!

Heh heh heh heh.......

The Savior
03-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
SMB RULES!

Heh heh heh heh.......

What the hell are you talking about , SMB sucks ass! SMB on the other hand, is an excellent game.

Disclaimer: This post is intended for humor. SMB does not suck ass.