PDA

View Full Version : a couple questions

ryan
03-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Hey, i want to edit a couple things in 1.90, 1) i want to edit the cave, where can i find it or how could i direct stairs to go to a certain part of a map, and 2) i cant load my pallette colors, any help will be great
thanks

Jigglysaint
03-07-2003, 12:39 AM
here's a tip, get beta 182. Much better than 1.90.

TheGeepster
03-07-2003, 06:47 AM
Read the basic manual and play around with some of the items under the Edit menu. Maps will allow you to change actual physical maps, Dmaps sets up the virtual map information. (You can have several Dmaps on a single map.) If you've downloaded various files associated with graphics (Tiles, Combos, Palettes, or more than likely a zgp or Graphics Pack file) You can import them via File > Import. If you have edit access to a quest with graphics you like, you can open it up for edit and choose the File > Export option. There are a myriad of other ways to bring in new data, such as combo pages, tiles, and palettes. Here's a link to where you can find this information in a better organized form. (http://www.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59577)

Also, I do recommend 1.92 beta build 182, as it has a lot more features in it, and has become the norm for most ZC users.

Ielen
03-07-2003, 07:50 AM
To answer your queries Ryan,

1) i want to edit the cave, where can i find it or how could i direct stairs to go to a certain part of a map,

You need to put your cave in screen 80 of your map and you can try use tile 49 (if I can remember correctly) for your floor if you are using the classic tileset. You need to ensure all your cave screens in the overworld all lead to screen 80 (with default Dmap 0) in the Tilewarp.
To direct stairs to a certain part of a map, don't really get what you are trying to say? Do you want a 3-point stair?

2) i cant load my pallette colors, any help will be great?
Normally when you start a new quest, the default palette color will be the classic tileset (cset 2). Can't really help you on this.

Verbatim
03-07-2003, 04:41 PM
What you need is a copy of the tutorial... http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial