PDA

View Full Version : Love talk

Dr. Mutagen
03-06-2003, 02:05 PM
What are some good ways to score a date with a girl you have a crush on? The problem with me is that I'm really shy around girls and I'm horrible at expressing my feelings. It also seems like I can't bring up any topics of discussion when talking to girls and I tend to be a bit of a strong silent type. I guess I just haven't mastered the art of speaking Venusian yet (although I've got my Martian down pat). Anyhoo, any suggestions? Thanks!

tgf_guy
03-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Talk to them normally. Girls are people, y'know, they won't bite. ;)

Try to find a subject of common interest. If the girl is in one of your classes, I suggest talking about the current lesson that you're on. Find out if she hates or likes the class, and stem the conversation from there.

The most important thing? Don't fear rejection. It can hurt, yeah; but remember, there's more women on land then shrimp in the ocean. If you don't win her over the first time, there will be other opprotunities. Good luck. ;)

Beldaran
03-06-2003, 02:40 PM
tgf_guy is right on.

Just be nice, look for things your both interested in, and try not to lick her boobs. ...or something.:)

Seriously though, just strike up a conversation about something that gets you excited and see if she responds the same way.

Also, if she wants to talk about something that interests her but it doesn't interest you, pretend it's the most god damned interesting thing you've ever heard in your young life.:)

Ich
03-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Yeah, and don't stare at her chest. Starting a conversation with, "Nice weather we're having, isn't it?" usually is also the end of the conversation. Dating for Dummies has valuable intel. in the field of talking to the opposite sex.

Mercy
03-06-2003, 05:35 PM
The best way to learn to talk to girls is to talk to girls. If your only goal is to get the girls to go out with you, you may need to play the numbers game and just talk to as many as you can until one says 'yes'. Not the best tactic since it leaves a lot of room for rejection so I suggest talking to the girls that interest you and not worrying about getting a date until you have found someone you can talk to without wondering what to say.

Honestly guys, you are still paying the price for countless centuries of male dominance by being expected to make the first move. That includes just getting to know us.

m.

carrot red
03-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Yeah, go with what tgf-guy and Beld said. We don't bite unless we are provoked.:p
You know, she could have a crush on you too. But don't try to act Casanova-like, girls don't like that.
Be yourself and you'll do just fine.:)

Drunken Tiger
03-07-2003, 06:21 PM
What ever you do, don¡¦t overdo it¡K Ive seen many of my friends who just overdo it soo much and it actually scares the chic away¡K;) ƒº

Dr. Mutagen
03-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Mercy

Honestly guys, you are still paying the price for countless centuries of male dominance by being expected to make the first move. That includes just getting to know us.

m.

Meh. I think that the fact that guys have to make the first move is a bunch of crap. It's way too much pressure if you ask me.
Actually, I can talk to some girls with no trouble at all, but whenever I meet up with a girl I have a crush on, my nerves always get shot. Thankfully I can pull off a pretty good conversation despite being ridiculously nervous.

Dark Templar
03-10-2003, 02:25 AM
Talk to her about current movies that are getting ready to come out and say how much you would like to see one of them. And if you both say the same about a particular movie just plain and simple be like let's go together when it comes out, it will be fun.

Then ask her for her digits and say you will call her the day the movie comes out and discuss what time would be best for her to go. Then meet each other at the theatre and let it go from there.

Then after the date tell her you had fun, and you'd like to do it again with her. If she's responding the same way then set a date again and tell her you will see her at school.

And then next time you can pick her up at her house, if you drive.. ;) Make sure it's your dad's old Buick, a big car. They make good date cars lol. :laughing: