PDA

View Full Version : Ok, how the frickin hell do I do this? (SFA)

satanman
03-06-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm on the bit in Star Fox Adventures where you've got to ride on a cloudrunner and shoot the 4 spires on dragon rock, and it's frickin impossible...
I've managed to ride around the big tower once and make 2 passes at the first spire, but it still wont be destroyed :(
Is there anything I'm missing, or any way I can just plain get out of doing this?
*throws his contoller at rare HQ in frustration... good job twycross is the other side of the country*

ShyGuy0824
03-06-2003, 10:36 PM
I remember that part, it was tough. The best thing to do was just to fire on the spires when you were really close and try to shoot out the missile-things on your way there. Just be sure to know where the gun fire is coming from and time it right, and you'd be able to get it done in two loops without much damage. It takes time, and I believe it's required, but it'll prepare you for the boss of that level

Rijuhn
03-06-2003, 11:29 PM
I couldn't even get past the Dark Ice Mines because I couldn't find a fucking alpine root for that homosexual mamoth. Gay ass game indeed. I'm glad Rare is gone, because the only game they made that was worth anything was PD and GE.

SiliconHero
03-07-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
I'm glad Rare is gone, because the only game they made that was worth anything was PD and GE.

You do know that that's two games, right?

I wouldn't discount the Battletoads games from back in the NES days. I liked those (except for Battlemaniacs...that was hella hard). Apart from Battletoads and the Donkey Kong Country series, I don't know much else that Rare's had a hand in. Maybe I should check my collection of NES games...

satanman
03-07-2003, 12:41 PM
OK, now you've got me worried about the boss
*hides*

That's what I've been doing...

yeah, the alpine roots weren't easy to find, but I got them in the end (dodgy phrase when there's a homosexual mammoth :p )