PDA

View Full Version : Water still does not animate

mjctraider
03-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Ok i tried the pallette cycling and it does not work. The water as well as the waterfall have a cset of 2. I checked in the properties of the water and waterfall tiles that do not animate and the cset is 2. The water that is animating is set to cset 4. When i am in the pallette cycling edit screen and i am setting the values to animate if I change the cset to 2 instead of using 4 the non animated water whose cset property was 2 no animates. However so does everything else that has a cset of 2. My question is this: Is there a way to change the cset property for the water and the waterfall, etc to get it to 4 instead of having it at 2?

I do not understand why the quests that are already created when you download this game have the water, waterfall and lava, etc with a cset of 4, but when you are making your own quest and you choose a water or waterfall tile from the right hand tool bar that they all have a cset of 2. This is annoying and it would be nice to have a quest that has animated water and waterfalls. If anyone had this problem and was able to figure it out I'd greatly appreciate it. This is the only problem I have in creating my quest and it would be nice to have the water animate

Freedom
03-06-2003, 02:31 PM
maybe this?
http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/newadditions/palettecycling/index.html

Verbatim
03-07-2003, 04:29 PM
First of all, make sure "Interpolated fading" is ON in the quest rules. If it's off, Cset animations won't work right.

In order to change Csets, you need to press the + and - keys (it's easiest on the numberpad)...when you get the water into the right Cset, it should look right, and animate right in Zquest.

Of course, most people have moved on to useing tilesets that have combo-animated water...if you're using 1.90, that option isn't available, but if you want to use it, you can get the new beta version (1.92 b182) from the Zelda Classic Discussion forum, or several fansites (PureZC, ZCN).