PDA

View Full Version : Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!

AlexMax
03-05-2003, 11:32 PM
PLEASE! NOT THE ARCADE! PLEASE DEAR GOD NOT THE ARCADE!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/business/5319668.htm

:cries: They even disgraced the name of good movie while they were at it.

Oh well, as long as they don't ''coax' or 'muscle' DDR or anything similar out of the market I'm happy as a clam.

VashdeStampedo!
03-05-2003, 11:35 PM
What kind of clam? Because I'm sure some clams aren't too happy. Like eaten ones.

MottZilla
03-06-2003, 04:02 AM
Konami develops on Sony based hardware. They'll be fine.

Sony hardware has been in the arcades for awhile now.... All the Tekken games used it. Soul Calibur used it. Strider 2 used it. Street Fighter EX, etc.

The arcade market died thanks to the console market. Now they think they can just throw some money at it and expect it to be alive again? Pfft. Also, arcade games are Jamma standard, and if Microsoft doesn't follow that, they can go to fucking hell. No one wants non-JAMMA boards. They are a straight out PAIN IN THE ASS.

The golden age of the arcade is gone. There isn't much in it's future left. Capcom announced they weren't starting any new arcade projects, however there is one on the board, AllStars or something, based on the System 246 hardware, which is based on the PS2 hardware.

Microsoft's Xbox was a bold move, but not too far fetched. Now this arcade crap? Now they've hit stupid. With Capcom on it's way out, and Midway already out, the arcades lie on namco's shoulders... for new games I mean.

Samson007
03-06-2003, 08:52 AM
still, thats just stupid, arcades are not meant for consoles and stuff.

VashdeStampedo!
03-06-2003, 09:02 AM
Eh. Could be worse. Could be raining.

Or rather, no arcades.

TheGeepster
03-06-2003, 10:29 AM
Let 'em try it. I don't think it will help them at all.

Myth
03-06-2003, 11:17 AM
conversions from arcade to console are always shitty =/

loss of a generation,

Fiyerstorm
03-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Isn't NIntendo trying to do something in the arcade too? Some Tri-Force system or somethign like that ad Namco may develop games with it or something?

3-Headed Monkey
03-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Am I... the ONLY one that doesn't really care?

(that's not meant to be insulting, btw)

MottZilla
03-06-2003, 09:07 PM
No. Arcade to Console ports nowdays would not be poor.

Next, console to arcade hardware spec is proven to work well. DDR, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Strider 2, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. All run on hardware which was based on a console.

The thing is, the Xbox is a PC/X86 machine. Traditionally, arcade hardware that has used X86 arch has been very unpopular. Next, don't so will bring the games on it WIDE open to piracy.

I just doubt M$'s ability to enter ANOTHER market while already trying to get its spot in another. I'm sure they could trhow around their money just fine. Who knows, it's possible, since the market IS in decline, that they could throw their money into it and "revive" haha, the market. I just can promise you, if they do well, it's not skill, craft, games that are good, etc. It's throwing money around.

Thunderbird
03-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Next, don't so will bring the games on it WIDE open to piracy.

This doesn't make too much sense. Care to reword that? ;)

Personally I do not have much of a problem of MS trying to get into the arcade business.

Anyone who doubts that console hardware has been used in the arcade would simply have to find a DDR machine with memory card slots ;). From what I can tell Konami practically ripped them out of a Playstation, because there's a controller port beneath each slot :p. Wonder if it works...

Ian
03-06-2003, 09:56 PM
I don't go to arcades anymore, so it won't affect me. Microsoft is just experimenting, I mean, they have the money, and they have an idea. They might as well try, as long as they don't go try to buy Nintendo again, I'll just leave it at "meh"

AlexMax
03-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Thunderbird
Anyone who doubts that console hardware has been used in the arcade would simply have to find a DDR machine with memory card slots ;). From what I can tell Konami practically ripped them out of a Playstation, because there's a controller port beneath each slot :p. Wonder if it works...

This just in, DDR master Thunderbird found cheating by using controller on DDR arcade machine. Film at 11.

If I see something like "Music Dancy Party featuring Backstreet Boys" with a ripoff DDR platform, american pop music and a Microsoft name on it......

.....it'll be over......Ever see Cowboy Bebop Episode Pierrot Le Fou? Well.........heh heh heh....

Xyvol
03-06-2003, 11:03 PM
The project, code-named Chihiro after the heroine of the Japanese anime film ``Spirited Away,''

I wonder what promted them to chose that name?

MottZilla
03-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Thunderbird

This doesn't make too much sense. Care to reword that? ;)

Personally I do not have much of a problem of MS trying to get into the arcade business.

Replace don't with doing, and toda you know what I was saying. You should improve your skills for reconstructing messages. ;) It comes in handy with typos and well, wrong words. ;p

And did I not already state that the DDR games are all based on hardware based on the PSX or PS2?

Next, there "might" be memory card slots, but there should not be any controllers on it, as it should be using JAMMA, although it's possible it uses a exspansion controller.

From what I'm heard people really hate fixing DDR machines.