PDA

View Full Version : which of these custom bosses would you like to see?

idontknow
03-05-2003, 07:06 PM
Which of the following custom bosses would you like to see most?
A. A large Goron that is vulnerable only to the hammer and makes rocks fall by pounding on the ground
B. An evil mage that could only be defeated by magic if timed correctly; he may block your mage at a certain stage and at other times, he may send out his own magic or even reflect yours.
C. A giant zora type boss that dishes out lots of fireballs.
D. A cell inside a liquid/water type enemy that must be hit with the hookshot. Every so often, the enemy freezes and thus blocks the hookshot from hitting the cell. Not sure how it would attack
E. A dragon that must be hit with the sword but may dish out fire every once in a while and it also will flap its wings to send Link away from him
F. Giant goriya that sends out several boomerangs and it could be hit with just about every weapon.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for making these, please feel free to give your advice. Also, i have noticed something looked like a large bush underneath the manhandla parts in the new enemy tiles section of the tile page; if ya know what that is gonna be or whatever, please give me a heads up.

DarkFlameWolf
03-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Evil Mage, just because its the most complicated of the bunch. And just to see if oyu can do it. :)

carrot red
03-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I vote for the Evil Mage too.

Tudorcat
03-05-2003, 10:43 PM
I would like to see the Goron just because they are usually so darn cute and nice it would be wicked to kick some evil gorons ass....

idontknow
03-05-2003, 10:44 PM
well..i think i have an idea...have its center be a magic weapon flag and surround this flag with combos that cycle to magic sponge every once in a while...set the "level 2" flag (as i like to call it) of the magic flag to another magic flag, thus you could keep having the magic secret over & over. Then, i link the secret tile flags together so that i have the final secret (pits that look like the floor) activate in a certain teir...essentially what you have it making it so that Link needs to hit the boss a x number of times until the secret pit is revealed & then you "beat" the boss. To make him reflect magic, maybe add the combo "m. mirror +" into the mix...to make him shoot his own magic randomly, use the boss as a layer 3 or higher and place a crocktorok underneath it and keep it from moving...should be easy enough, right? ;) by the way, anybody have any "evil mage" tiles i could use?

DarkFlameWolf
03-06-2003, 04:13 AM
Nicely done, *steals your method* :D

Blonde799
03-06-2003, 04:24 AM
Look in Warlock's newfirst sprite set IDK.:)

ShadowTiger
03-06-2003, 08:39 AM
A. A large Goron that is vulnerable only to the hammer and makes rocks fall by pounding on the ground. OK, I tried to make this work in a cutscene once, but how would it come to pass that Link would be taken to a different screen with boulders falling? It's a lot harder than you think, because when Link is taken to the screen with the boulders, the boulders have to have enough time to successfully fall from the sky, then retreat to the ground, at least one FULL time! It's A LOT harder than you think. I'm sure it's possible, but you also have to take the kind of warp you use into considerations.

B. An evil mage that could only be defeated by magic if timed correctly; he may block your mage at a certain stage and at other times, he may send out his own magic or even reflect yours.
This one would be a really great idea, but a slightly easy one. This would be done by having mirrors as the default terrain under the mage, whereas the only scene where his hands are glowing (a slight prediction, perhaps.) will be the one where there won't be mirrors in the spot you need to hit, but mirrors in his hands now, and the wand magic flag on the mage's head, which replaces the floor with a stairs warp instead of a pit warp, which takes you to the corner of a scene where a side warp is waiting to take you to the next loop of attacks. Nice one IDK. :thumbsup:

C. A giant zora type boss that dishes out lots of fireballs.
Well, you could try this, if you want it ordinary. If you do this, I would suggest that you not be able to attack the Zo(l)a directly, but rather through the terrain, like emptying the pit where the Zola is. Each round would hit the button in a bit more, and more, and eventually, the button in back would be pushed in enough so that the water would empty out. Oh, and I would suggest making the Zola eyeball combos.

D. A cell inside a liquid/water type enemy that must be hit with the hookshot. Every so often, the enemy freezes and thus blocks the hookshot from hitting the cell. Not sure how it would attack.Heh. I'm not even sure how this can be done! :laughing: :rolleyes:

E. A dragon that must be hit with the sword but may dish out fire every once in a while and it also will flap its wings to send Link away from him Wow. This would require some Star Tropics 2 ripped graphics. *Smirks.:sly:* Great idea though.

I'm not sure, but I -might- vote for the giant Zola, or the Dragon. Maybe the mage, but I'm not sure.... if.....hmm..

idontknow
03-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Blonde, i can't find warlock's newfirst sprite set?...where is it?...i'm using the puretileset anyway so i would need it redone in that pallette set