PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality help

brewer
03-04-2003, 08:29 PM
I was wondering if anyone can help me with a few minor details. first, one screen left of the portal that takes you to gannon's tower, there is a tree with a doorway in it. but I can not seem to find a way to get to it. does anyone know? next there is a shop three screens left of the north enterance to Dali. it has a dark rock in front of it, but I can't seem to push it or blow it up or anything else. last, I am missing only one HC piece. does anyone know where a hard one to find is?

I have been trying to figure all this out for a few days now and it is killing me. any hints would be greatly appreciated.

DarkFlameWolf
03-04-2003, 09:23 PM
To eliminate that dark rock, use your wand on the mermaid statue. As for the tree entrance, its mainly for decoration details, don't bother trying to reach it.

TheGeepster
03-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Ya beat me this time DFW. I was curious how to get at that shop entrance myself though (I did it once, apparently by accident)

brewer
03-05-2003, 03:16 AM
Damn, I have been trying to get into that tree entrance since I started playing this quest. how frustrating. oh well, what about the heart pieces? are there any that are particularly well hidden? It seems like I have been all over the entire overworld, both light and dark about 50 times. I have completed everything but the master dome and gannon's tower. I believe that I have found all the heart pieces in the caves, I have it all mapped out and I don't think I have left any stones unturned. I am still short about 40 grottos, but other than that all that is left is this heart piece. help. please? I am begging...

DarkFlameWolf
03-05-2003, 06:35 AM
I really have no clue where to direct you in looking if I don't know what you have so far.

TheGeepster
03-05-2003, 08:43 AM
There are 4 HCPs in the caverns, including one one have to have the flippers to get to the cavern entrance. Most of the overworld hearts will be obvious to see but less obvious how to approach. A good map of the overworld will help a lot to track down the path to it. Many of them require using a well-hidden warp in the other world.

Almost every screen has something on it, a warp, a cavern entrance, a level, fairy, grotto, or item room. Keep a keen eye out, and use your lens to search out the places. Also try diving where possible and be sure to check waterfalls.

DarkFlameWolf
03-05-2003, 12:58 PM
yes, I use all the tricks at my disposal to hide grottos and secrets. True, some are really easy to find, but I have to at least throw you a couple bones to feel good about yourself. ;)

TheGeepster
03-05-2003, 04:23 PM
I have 2 to find still, but I may find them when I get to them. It could be I need to look for some mermaid statues or something like that. I'll see where I stand when I get to level 9 and the 25 key dungeon floor.

jw12454
03-05-2003, 09:21 PM
in the tungsten dungeon 1/1 after i get the book where else do i go

TheGeepster
03-06-2003, 01:29 AM
Nearby, at the end of the desert lies the bandit's cave, which is in fact, the second part of Lev 4. It's in the small section of desert with the shop, across 2 holes. You need the book to get there, and the jewel-bait to get far enough to grab the other item and triforce. (You can grab a free jewel from behind Level 3, off a hidden path close to where you got the white sword.)

jw12454
03-07-2003, 11:07 PM
thank you geepster i found the rest of level 4 and i found level 5 but can't get go very far in the rooms without a key and the ladder and i found the raft what else can i do