PDA

View Full Version : Oot & Mq

Kry
03-03-2003, 10:45 PM
What is the difference between OOT and Master Quest?

3-Headed Monkey
03-03-2003, 11:03 PM
I haven't actually played Master Quest (yet) but I think they basically have harder enemies and more to do, and stuff like that. I'm sure someone can enlighten us more, though...

Raichu86
03-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Master Quest is a second quest to OoT. It's just OoT with remixed dungeons (everything else is the same).

3-Headed Monkey
03-03-2003, 11:34 PM
So is it kind of like the ZELDA game equivalent? (in other words, is Master Quest to OoT as entering your name as ZELDA is to the first game?)

Xyvol
03-04-2003, 12:03 AM
Exactly. The overworld is the same, but the dungeons are different. Actualy, the layout is the same, but the puzzles in the rooms are harder.

ShyGuy0824
03-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Well, you'd be right in that nothing but the dungeons are changed, however the enemies are actually 'not' harder, it's just that you're forced to take different routes in the dungeon, solve harder problems, and deal with more of the hard enemies than the little ones (i.e. stalfos>deku plants). Also, the location of gold skulltullas is completely different, so it is supposed to be a very challenging add-on.

vegeta1215
03-04-2003, 01:29 AM
I just beat Jabu Jabu's belly in the Master Quest, and so far I've been pretty pleased with the challenge of these re-mixed dungeons.

The puzzles are all different, and some alot harder to pull off, and often times you'll go through the dungeon in a far different manner than the original OoT dungeons. Plus, there are alot of enemies re-arranged, and some enemies that appear in other dungeons and later in the the game in the early dungeons. Like, Jabu Jabu had Like-likes, Dodongo's dungeon had Poes, the Deku Tree had Gohma eggs all over. It's crazxy, but great :)

Aliem
03-04-2003, 01:45 AM
God, I NEED this game!!! Ah, well, I'll just buy it on e-bay in a few months...

TheGeepster
03-04-2003, 02:46 AM
OoT/MQ is a promo item, but it will probably be found on E-bay in due time. Worry not your heart Evil Betty.