PDA

View Full Version : Hyrule's Hidden Secrets Demo

Questwizard88
03-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Finally getting somewhere. This quest is very hard. It uses classic graphics with some custom tiles. I can't post attachments and I don't have a website to put it on. So if you want the quest, just PM me with your email adress and I will send it to you. I even had a hard time testing it myself. If you find any bugs, post what you found in this thread. I will get them fixed as soon as I can.
EDIT: Only the first 2 levels are finished at this point.
EDIT2: I am still working on the graphics, but planning to convert it to the Pure tileset once it is done. I chose to do it with the classic tiles first because they are very easy to work with.

Ielen
03-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Just tested it, here are some of my observations & suggestions to improve your quest.

1) It's okay to have a difficult game, but there should be a balance between playability & difficulty. Right now, it seems like I have died about 30 times just trying to get to the first Lvl 1 room.
It's even harder than my quest. Perhaps what you could do is remove the enemy always return rule, so that at least we can try clear the enemies. I think this quest is too difficult to play. Could you let Link start off with 3 HC instead of 2?

2) You could uncheck No Melee Weapon Grabbing, so that Link can grab items with his sword. With this rule checked, I could not use the sword to grab items above Link. I have to move Link to the item to pick it up.

3) You've got that infamous screen 00 bug. What you could do is create a room with a staircase at screen 00, then set Link's starting point (green) & cave exit point (blue) just below the staircase. In addition, at screen 00, set the Tilewarp to the your dungeon dmap, set "i-warp w zap-fx" to your dungeon starting screen. Then you get this "Link running back to your dungeon starting screen animation".

4) On the screen left of the starting screen, the cave exit point is at the wrong spot. I can't move Link about. Try to position Link again.

That's about it. I'll try to brave the deathly situation and live to tell the tale.

Questwizard88
03-03-2003, 11:59 PM
I'll fix that stuff. Thanks.
EDIT: It's all fixed, and there are a lot fewer enemies than before. It is still pretty challenging, though. It should be easy for any intermediate skilled player to beat.

EDIT2:I am redoing the entire quest with release 2 of the Pure tileset. It will have new dungeons, new overworlds, and look a lot better than the classic graphics did.

Ielen
03-05-2003, 09:26 AM
Great, hope to see you complete it soon.

Questwizard88
03-05-2003, 06:58 PM
It's gonna take a long time. But if I keep having problems with all of the bugs, it's gonna take even longer.