PDA

View Full Version : That internet worm

Beldaran
03-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Does anyone know if that wierd internet worm is still going around? I've been noticing significant slowdowns in many websites, including hotmail and sometimes google.

My internet connection seems to be working fine otherwise.

moocow
03-03-2003, 09:50 PM
I've been having problems with that stuff lately, too.... :p

SiliconHero
03-03-2003, 10:00 PM
You mean Klez? Yeah. I'm still getting it, mostly in my Yahoo! e-mail account. My Hotmail inbox is surprisingly clean.

Rijuhn
03-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Same here! I thought it was just because I haven't restarted Windows XP in awhile, only hibernating it, but I thought that was only part of the laggyness of my computer/internet connection. My favorite sites are (again) acting up and not loading half the time. I know it's not my firewall blocking them, but now I think I should have my firewall on all the time if there's still a worm virus going around.

I'd like someone to get any info on this if they can, because I'm really clueless about the whole thing.

MottZilla
03-04-2003, 04:02 AM
The last worm i heard of was the Microsoft SQL server thing. Everything is cool here.

Thunderbird
03-04-2003, 04:54 AM
I don't see how Slammer would have affected anything this time, unless some nameserver admins didn't learn their lesson the FIRST time it hit. And if I recall correctly, when that occurred, it only blacked out access to some websites. Though I'm probably wrong on that :p.

My guess is there's a slow or congested router along your route to the server you're trying to get to.

SiliconHero
03-04-2003, 08:38 AM
Slammer? Nope. I'm pretty much clean from that one. My defense? ONLY use web-based e-mail.

Ich
03-04-2003, 01:17 PM
My home computer is pretty clean, I do a lot of web browsing and mail at school.

Axel
03-04-2003, 04:50 PM
yeah I noticed the same thing. its only IE, but the reply message screen doesn't look right in Netscape, so I use IE to check here...