PDA

View Full Version : Block Trigger

Grasshopper
03-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Can you get these things to trigger items to appear. I can't figure out how to do it.

idontknow
03-03-2003, 09:47 PM
not really pusay..however, you could make it trigger a secret flag 16 which has a "level 2 flag" of flag 10, armos->item. and then make a treasure chest with an item in it appear Confused? here's what i mean:
1. set undercombo to open chest
2. place 16 where you would want the chest to appear
3. set the flag 16 secret combo to the treasure chest combo.
4. hold control while clicking on the place where you would set the secret combo for flag 16. Then choose the "armo->item" flag (flag #10)
5. set room type to special item and set special item to whatever item you want.
6. place the pushable block on the screen.
7. place the push flag over whatever block you want to be pushed.
8. place the block trigger flag as desired. TaDah!
now, when you move the block over the block trigger, the treasure chest should appear and you could then slash it to reveal a special item!

Grasshopper
03-03-2003, 10:05 PM
But I don't really want a treasure chest right now. Just an item to appear.

Also, I noticed how there is an undercombo for the chest. But the push block flag will 'eat' all the tiles and reveal that chest on all the floor tiles, unless you used some creative use of layers

And what exactly does holding CTRL down do?

Questwizard88
03-03-2003, 11:41 PM
It lets you set a flag type for a secret combo. You can make all kinds of neat things with it.

TheGeepster
03-04-2003, 02:18 AM
Doesn't Secret -> Item work for your needs?

If you select that screen flag, the item shouldn't appear until you activate a secret. (Or maybe I'm just confused)

Jigglysaint
03-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Confused? I think you are outright delusional. It's enemies-secret you are thinking about, or possibly enemies-item.

Grasshopper
03-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Questwizard88
It lets you set a flag type for a secret combo. You can make all kinds of neat things with it.

You hold control and click where you want the flag, right? Well how do you tell if you placed a flag, or a secret combo flag? It all looks the same to me. And you can't have the flags overlap either?

Jigglysaint
03-04-2003, 03:43 PM
press F to toggle the flag view. This also works in the secret combo editor too so you know what flags have been given which flags.

Grasshopper
03-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Huh???

I don't get. I know f toggles flag view, but how does that let you put flags on secret combos. How can you see that you put a flag on a secret combo rather than just some tile on the screen. And the secret combo editor? Thats under Data, right? I use flags in that.

I understand what you mean, a secret flag is set on the screen. When they are triggered the secret combo appears, and that may also have a flag. Two flags in the same spot. I just can't get anything to work...

idontknow
03-04-2003, 04:50 PM
i actually just thought of a neat idea...pressing s or something to see the secret combos (that is, the combos of secret flags 16-32) rather than just seeing flag #s all over the place so you can tell what the screen looks like after secrets are revealed...it would also let you see the secret combos of weapon flags too...

TheGeepster
03-05-2003, 12:00 AM
I must just be confused then. Secret -> Item would be a good idea for a screen rule then.

Grasshopper
03-05-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by idontknow

4. hold control while clicking on the place where you would set the secret combo for flag 16. Then choose the "armo->item" flag (flag #10)

Sometimes its just hard to understand sometimes, but your idea didn't work because it creates an open chest tile under every push. :tongue: Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Jigglysaint
03-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Wasn't there somthing that DN added to make all undercombos appear on layer 2 or somthing? You could try that out because I think layer 2 appears below link and layer 0.

idontknow
03-05-2003, 04:21 PM
oh yeah, i forgot about that part, you cant have seperate undercombos...well, the chest thing could work in other cases where you may only need the undercombo for the chest to be an open tile and do not need an undercombo for anything else..i.e. secrets activating a treasure chest or all enemies defeated activates treasure chest, etc.

TheGeepster
03-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Undercombos appear on layer 0, which is the absolute bottom layer. This is true even if the block is on layer 2.

idontknow
03-05-2003, 04:37 PM
i dont know what the hell you are talking about geepster! undercombos are not on any layer! they are just seperate combos that appear underneath everything that can be moved or slash (armos, slash/bush combos, blocks, etc.) Also, you cannot have a pushable block on layer 2! push flags, just like every other kind of flag and combo type, have no affects on layers...yes, you can make secret affects on layers using secret flags 16-32, but other flags don't have any functions on layers!