PDA

View Full Version : Linked string messages

Freedom
03-03-2003, 03:18 PM
I played a quest a while back that told you to press ctrl for more message when they were linked.
is that an option that can be turned on?

my linked strings work well, but I'm worried a new player may not know to press ctrl for more, which leaves them stuck setting there.

I didn't see anything other than "fast message" which I turned on.

EDIT>>>>>>>>>
I found it on IDK's tutorial.....

IX. Linking Strings Together
1. Go to Quest-Strings.
2. Click on the last option called New String
3. Edit this string to be the first String in your series of strings. When done, click ok.
4 .Add another string by clicking New string again and edit as you want and click ok when finished.
5. Select the first string you had edited and click the edit button.
6. In the box underneath "Next string:" click the small box to the right and select the second string you created in the drop down menu. Double click on the string
or hold the mouse there and press enter. Then click ok, then done.
7. Now you will need to specify the Misc: More...sprite, which is a little sprite that appears whenever the message string is set to a string that has Linked text.
This is a signal to the player that there is more text so he needs to press the A button to see the next string. To change this sprite go to
Quest-Graphics-Sprite-Weapons/Misc.Scroll down until you see Misc: More...and then click on it. Click on the current tile to replace it with any one of your
own as you wish
8. You could also set the coordinates of the MISC: More.. sprite in the initial data menu or just leave the default

Questwizard88
03-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Draw a new misc: more sprite that has an A on a circle. That might help.