PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. Melee Camera Mode Help

Dark Nation
03-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Anyone know how to get more freedom in camera mode? I want to be able to get a picture from directly in front of or behind a character. Unfortunately, it's like there's only 175 degrees of freedom for the camera. Anyone know how to improve it?

The Savior
03-03-2003, 05:00 PM
The only thing I can think of is by using an Action Replay or similar device to change the restricted angle to something lower. Finding the right value could/should prove dificult, though.

Dark Nation
03-03-2003, 05:07 PM
Actually, that should be fairly easy. Just keep moving the camera in a straight line so that the angle keeps increasing or decreasing. Then, look for a velue in memory that is constantly increasing or decreasing. Once you find it and are sure you have the right one, either:

1. Manually enter a bogus value and hope that the system doesn't automatically round it down.
-or-
2. Max out the angle, then search memory for that same value. Modify the other duplicate(s) of that value in memory until you can successfully change the max angle, then you're all set.

The Savior
03-03-2003, 05:48 PM
That only works if there is a way to read the memory values whilst in play. I'm not saying that it isn't, just that I'm unsure of how to do it if it is indeed possible.

Rijuhn
03-03-2003, 11:27 PM
I would love to see Super Smash Brothers 3 Nintendo Vs. Sega. That would rock ass dude!!! And they should have classic 2-D battles and an 8 player free-for-all battle royal that can also be played online. If Nintendo and Sega did this as a join venture Nintendo would be #2 in the console wars IMO.