PDA

View Full Version : Boss problems

Demimore
03-03-2003, 01:49 PM
I have a boss room (it's a seperate dmap) and when I enter it, the boss ALWAYS dies.... And I don't do anything! What is causing this? Help me.... It's really annoying! :eek: :mad: :naughty:

Jigglysaint
03-03-2003, 02:28 PM
Make sure that the boss flag is unchecked, or if you want it checked, make sure that either you have no other boss flags checked in your level, or if you are making an event, make sure you can't trigger the boss flag untill you beat the boss.

Cloral
03-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Yes. Instnat boss death is always caused by the boss flag. Make sure you didn't use it for any minibosses you may have in the level.

Demimore
03-08-2003, 02:59 PM
I didnt! This is a seperate dmap, remember? Nothing but the boss are there. And that flag, yes it's triggered....

A strange thing is that when I changed the boss, it worked. Once. When I played the quest again (with a different save file). It died instantly again!
I dunno what's causing this! (Using b182)

Ielen
03-08-2003, 03:24 PM
Did you check your scrolling warps for the boss room?
In the boss room, put a check for dungeon boss under enemy flag. For screen data, put a check for Enemies -> Item.
For rooms adjacent to the boss, under screen data, put Boss Roar Sfx and Roar gasp style.
Hope this helps.

Ganonator
03-09-2003, 06:36 AM
if all of the walkability where the boss spawns is unwalkable, it won't spawn. I ran into this when making enemy -> secret puzzles.

Demimore
03-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Sorry, but I knew all those things. And it's not what's causing the problem.... Any more ideas?

Blonde799
03-10-2003, 05:33 AM
Even if your boss room is in a different DMap, it still has to have a different level number. Make sure your boss room is using a level number that no other DMap uses.

Ielen
03-10-2003, 07:12 AM
I don't think the boss needs to be of a different level if it is on a different dmap. When I was designing my quest, I did not encounter this problem. My boss was on a different dmap but on the same level as the dungeon level. Everything worked fine and I never encounter this problem of boss not appearing.

I did encounter a problem quite similar to what you were encountering when I was playing Mr Z's Doublevision. I got the boss key but somehow when I entered the room before the boss, the door would not open. I think I might have pressed quit continue instead of quit save.

The only time you key a different level is when you are using the enter/exit tilewarp for houses.

Demimore, is your boss dmap right after the dungeon level dmap?

Other than that, I can't really think what's the cause of the problem. It could possibly be a bug with build 182 that your boss is not appearing.

ShadowTiger
03-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Y'know, I had the same problem with my L1 Aquamentus/Gleeok. I changed it to a pair of Dodongos and fires, without changing anything else, and it suddenly worked! Anyone remember The Prophecy? That's what I'm talking about. (Sorry to intro my ancient quest. :sweat: ) Sometimes it just doesn't work no matter what you do.

Demimore, which Level Boss was this?

Blonde799
03-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Basically, what I'm saying about this problem was that I've experienced this already, and I fixed it by doing what I just said. The level's boss flag was being activated somewhere else, so I changed both flags, and it worked fine.:) You really shouldn't have any problems if the boss room is using an isolated level #.

Demimore
03-17-2003, 08:05 AM
The enemy APPEARS, but it immediately dies! Without me touching it!

It's the level-1 boss in The last dimension. Got the quest? If you do, did YOU encounter this problem? If you don't have it, click the pic in my sig to d/l

ShadowTiger
03-17-2003, 08:49 AM
I don't know, Demimore. :rolleyes: It worked fine for me, in the demo you gave us a month ago. :odd: Is this the same one?

Demimore
03-17-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
I don't know, Demimore. :rolleyes: It worked fine for me, in the demo you gave us a month ago. :odd: Is this the same one?

Yes. That's the demo. Was it a month ?? Well, so it DOES work. Does it work for anyone else too?