PDA

View Full Version : Mp3/Playlist organizers

gdorf
03-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of a program or some programs that can do a few things to help me organize my Mp3's.

1.) Playlist editor:
This has to be able to automatically look at the songs tags and make a different playlist for every band. for instance, it would go through and make a bad religion playlist, a slickshoes playlist, and a playlist for any other bands, so if I wan't to listen to a certain band, voila!

2.) MP3 renamer:
This has to be able to rename all my Mp3's with their tags, and make them all follow the same format of "Artist/Song title" for the filename.

3.) Duplicate Remover:
This has to be able to automatically remove all duplicates of songs, either by looking at the tags, or looking at the file itself, preferably both.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew of any particularly cool winamp skins or visuals. I've found some cool ones, but heck, you guys always find the best stuff ;)

Gerudo
03-02-2003, 11:47 PM
1.) Do it yourself...

2.) Do it yourself...

3.) Do it yourself...

www.winamp.com

gdorf
03-02-2003, 11:53 PM
I have 2500 songs, and it would take forever to rename them all.

Rijuhn
03-03-2003, 01:38 AM
Well, I guess you're screwed then.

I think I've seen somewhere awhile ago a plugin for one of a lesser known mp3 players that had a duplicate remover, or maybe it's my overactive imagination and lack of sleep that makes these thoughts seem so real...damn...I'm tired.

Winamp is all I've ever used and it's the best once you've configured it to your liking IMO.

The Savior
03-03-2003, 08:38 AM
I've seen what you're looking for, but I can't remember where. I'll look around, and tell you if I see anything.

[edit] this (http://download.com.com/3000-2167-10164030.html?tag=lst-0-12) looks promising, but unfortunatly I don't have time to check it out right now.