PDA

View Full Version : DMap Problem

Questwizard88
03-02-2003, 10:08 PM
I have part of my first dungeon set up, but every time I die, I go to screen 00. I have the dungeon DMap set correctly, and I have the blue and green boxes put in the right places for link's starting position on screen 74. When I come into the dungeon, I enter on screen 74, but when I die, I start on screen 00. The continue here box is checked in the DMap. This is also happening on the overworld. Can somebody please help me figure this out? It's driving me insane! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ielen
03-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Okay here's how to solve the 00 problem which I did for my quest.

1) Create a room in screen 00.
2) Put a stair case in the middle of the room.
3) Set Link's starting point and cave exit point just below the stair case. Ensure you have the staircase tile in the secret combo stair.
4) Make sure in the Dmap continue is ticked, so you can start from the dungeon and not in the overworld.
5) Your Tile Warp should be set to "i-warp with zap-fx" and the dmap should correspond to the correct dungeon level dmap and screen number should be 74.
6) Save your progress then load up the player.
7) Go to your dungeon then quit and choose save and exit the player.
8) Reload the player and then quit and choose continue, you should now see Link return back to screen 74.

What problem do you encounter in the Overworld? I did not encounter the screen 00 problem.

VEL
03-02-2003, 10:52 PM
Make sure your dungeon entrance has an "entrance/exit" type of warp.

Ielen
03-02-2003, 11:03 PM
It's the screen 00 bug with the editor.

TheGeepster
03-03-2003, 02:40 AM
So you said you had the Dmap continue set to the right room, right? If not, there's the trouble. If you did have it set, then it's that darn 00 bug..