PDA

View Full Version : A note to all those with questions

plith
03-02-2003, 05:16 PM
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's someone who types in all caps, tries too hard at sarcasm, and adds lots of "angry" emoticons to the post, frustrated with his own ignorance and people who are trying to help him. Next time you want to explain why someone's advice isn't working, try considering the fact that they don't have to try to help you in the first place. For future questions, I'd like you to respect anyone who tries to help you. Whether or not that person's advice is working, don't get upset. I don't like to see good people getting yelled at for their efforts.

Thank you.

ShadowTiger
01-27-2004, 12:00 PM
If you have a question, please try to give as many details as you possibly can concerning your problem.

For example, please attempt to include the following information in your question.

Dmap Style. (Overworld, Cave, Dungeon, BS-Overworld.)
Level Number. (In the Dmap editor - On the left, in the middle.)
The exact situation that you want to happen.
The exact situation that is happening.

Other things that you may want to mention include the tileset that you're using, the type of combo that you're working with, (If it's a combo problem, or if Link gets stuck or something.) and the map and screen numbers. Virtually any information you can give us will probably allow your problem to be solved faster.

And example of what not to post, is:
"help my quest won't start." An example of a solid, well thought out question is:
"Why is it that when my Cave doors are on the screen, they don't open when Link approaches them? They are on all four corners, and when you defeat all of the enemies in the screen, they stay closed. It's a cave type Dmap, with the level number as 0."

And if you have a screenshot of the problem (If you feel that it's something beyond a simple matter.) then please post it. You may find an excellent image hosting site at Mediafire (www.mediafire.com) (Free File / Image Hosting) or Photobucket (www.photobucket.com). (Free Image Hosting) Use them well.

And to add to plith's comments, if there is a problem which you feel is too difficult for you to overcome, and you need to call on someone else's help, they will assist you to the best of their ability. Be patient with them. Soon enough, you too will be more than able to solve your own problems, and heck, even help others with their own. If you can learn to follow what the experts' advice is, you'll absorb some of it yourself, and gain a foothold on the mountain that is Zelda Classic. ;)

I hope that helps.

Anita Mitchem
02-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Well how do you get longed on . Because I've tryed to open a quest using Zquest-w.exe which is ran off of (192b183). One example is Darknut Wars it will not open. Can you help me.

Anita Mitchem
02-25-2005, 05:43 AM
Well how do you get longed on. I've been having having problems longing on to 192b183. Darknut Wars will not show up on the screen. I also can't get the candle to blow fire on Zc2.10. Can you help me out with any of my questions. thanks

ZTC
02-25-2005, 12:46 PM
I also can't get the candle to blow fire on Zc2.10.
if you're in a quest that has magic enabled, you need to have the magic meter filled somewhat. But if it's a quest that doesn't have it enabled, the Blue Candle can only shoot fire once per screen

Wind Fish
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
2.10 is set to use magic, but I was never able to find a way to get a magic gauge. You need to edit it in zquest and either give yourself a magic gauge in Quest> init data, or disable magic in Quest>Rules.

2.10 has the same problem with bombs, and you can solve the problem by setting maximum bombs above 0 in init data

Nabodan
05-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Alright time to attempt a question.
I am having trouble creating a shop on Dmap 1. Type is overworld can anyone help me? (hope that was enough info)

koopa
05-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Dmap level number must be higher than 0 for shops, strings, guys, quite a lot really, unless you use the cave (screen 80) like in the original (Zelda 1).

youhr
08-10-2006, 06:05 PM
i need help with pretty much everything, can somenone tell me some of the really basic things i need to know? (for starters, how do you make specify where link spawns at the begining of the game, and how do you make him spawn somewhere other than the upper-left corner of a map?)

ShadowTiger
08-10-2006, 06:31 PM
On the main ZQuest screen, ... well, Here (http://users.sephiroth.ws/ZCUTutorials/1basic/CombosAndPalettesExplained/1MainZQuestScreenLabelled1.GIF). Check out the screenshot. See the area outlined in blue? Press Pageup or pagedown until you see a green square. Click on that square and place it wherever you want Link to start when he's warped there at the beginning of a new Dmap, or via an Entrance/Exit type warp. Press Pageup twice again (If you're in ZC 2.11 Beta 10b or beyond.) to find the blue squares. Place those where you want Link to arrive after an insta-warp type warp. It's generally a good idea to place ALL of the warps onto the screen, just in case. They default to the upper left corner, so that's where you'll start if you didn't set Link's start positions for that screen.

youhr
08-10-2006, 11:18 PM
thanks, that helped. now, how can you make a bush you burn leave behind stairs and afterwards, the stairs will still be there? (theres gonna be a LOT of questions from me...)

ShadowTiger
08-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah, ... probably best to start a new thread. :p Why clutter up pinned threads, you know?

Okay, to do that, ... and I hope this works, as I've never really had to do this before, for whatever reason, ... (I'm a ZC philosopher.. ^^;' )

Place Flag #11 over the bush. Click on a stair combo in your combo page and then go to Data--> Undercombo and click Set.

As for the other bushes, you'll want another combo. Thus, we'll use Secret combos. They're very versatile, apparently. Go to Data--> Secret Combos and click the last tab. (Rightmost.) In the upper left of the 4x4 box, click that upper left box and find a slashed bush combo. Select your desired Cset with Keypad plus or minus, then hit enter or something. Then place Flag #16 (Corresponding to Secret Combo #1.) on all the other bushes so they'll have that slashed bush undercombo instead of the stairs.

There might be other steps, but I'm not sure. Oh, ... be careful, as you'll probably want Link to start out near the stairs he entered, so make sure you have a bush clear near the bush to arrive in. It's not the end of the world to arrive in a bush that you can just slash to remove anyway, but ... still. :p Why arrive in a bush?

youhr
08-14-2006, 06:42 PM
ok then, here's something that actually goes with the string:

heres what happens: there are several boss monsters in a room (monsters that never respawn) i manage to kill maybe two of them. i come back into the room after dying and they're all gone and the item you get from them is there too.

if thats not specific enough: i have 10 moldrems in a room, i kill one and come back, all are dead and there's a stepladder in the middle of the room (Dmap 0 overworld type) help please..

The_Amaster
08-14-2006, 08:58 PM
In the future, for those who come in and say "I'm completly new, and have no idea, what I'm doing", check out this.
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=91177
And a mod might want to consider pinning the thread it came from as well. Once your past this, for slightly more advanced stuff, check out IDK's tutorial, convinently located in the pinned thread right under this one.

symbiote
02-24-2007, 08:10 AM
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96356
I'd be happy if ANYONE replied, moreso if they had something useful for me. I can't get the time of day, it seems. 41 looks as of 2/24/07, no reponses.

Sometimes, the right to be bitter is justified.

Greenlink100
04-13-2007, 11:05 PM
I have a question how do you make your quest look like Legend of zelda a link to the past? like the tress the dungeons Etc.
Thanks

Pineconn
04-13-2007, 11:56 PM
You have to take a trip over to PureZC (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&sort=rating) and download a graphics pack or quest file. If it is a graphics pack, after downloading, go to File -> Import -> Graphics Pack, and select the file. Ba-da-bing, ba-da-bam! (Or however that goes.)

keithcote
06-19-2007, 12:19 AM
First of all I am new at using ZQuest so please don't yell at me if I am in the wrong forum for this.

Ok here are a couple questions I have. I promise I will show the courteousy that you mentioned.

First I am having trouble playing quests that have been created by different users. Whenever I click a link for any quest. A fatal error message shows up. I just want to know how to play different quests without all those error screens.

Also I am having a bit of trouble testing my own custom quest in ZQuest editor. In the ZQuest tutorial by alphadawg it says to select the tutorial quest in Zelda classic but when I am in zelda classic, there is no quest selection, it just has the name selection screen. Am I in the wrong version of zelda classic, and if so which one should I download.

PS please try not to answer by questions in complex computer language because I really am a noob at this.

lupinealchemist
06-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Did you try pressing "A" on one of the name/files?

erm2003
06-19-2007, 05:55 AM
And by that he meant the button you are assigning to A for playing the game under the keyboard settings, not the A key on the keyboard. Once you enter a name on a game file, pressing the button you set as the A button will bring you to a screen where you can load a custom quest in place of the first quest. Once you do it once it will be loaded on that file until you delete it.

As for downloading quests, the following link has a trick for downloading quests off the database until it is fixed:
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97098

The_Amaster
06-19-2007, 10:22 AM
What you do is on the name register screen, make a new file and name it whatever you want. You should now see an old-style Link icon. Than hit whatever A is assigned to, hit load, and select the quest you want.

keithcote
06-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Thanks a lot!! That really helped!!

hello
07-19-2007, 11:36 PM
note=some quests wont work if there not compatible with the zc ver for example.

1.zc ver 1.92 quests wont work on ver 1.90 but ver 2.10 can play almost all quests so keep that in mine hope I helped