PDA

View Full Version : magic meter not showing on screen

Freedom
03-01-2003, 07:33 PM
I have the tiles (meter), and magic is turned on in rules, but I see no way to get it to show up on the players screen.
what am I overlooking?

:O)

The Ion Extreme
03-01-2003, 07:35 PM
You might need some Magic Containers:D

Freedom
03-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Yep that was it, I didn't realize you had to get them too.
how many containers are people generally using to a game?
since the wand only seems to shoot twice to a container.

Also...
once you turn magic on and get it going do enemies ever drop the small jars, as they do rupies & hearts, or do you have to place all magic as items?

TheGeepster
03-01-2003, 07:57 PM
You could also set the initial magic to 8 and not have to bother with having people with them.

System Error
03-01-2003, 07:59 PM
But that'd be no fun, Geep. And if I'm not mistaken, you can hold up to 9 Magic...I think...and yes, enemies do drop magic jars, typically the newer ones.

Freedom
03-01-2003, 08:00 PM
it is set to 8, I thought it was that way by default, since it was that way when I first looked.

do enemies start dropping magin jars when you turn it on?
or do you have to regulate it?

I'd like to set it up where people do have to work a little for it.

System Error
03-01-2003, 08:11 PM
You have to turn it on for them to drop Magic Jars. I know it's not "8" by default, if I'm not mistaken, that's only the way it is on the 182 test quest. Go into INIT data and you can change the amount of magic you start with there.

Freedom
03-01-2003, 08:25 PM
ok...
what exactly does all that mean?
what is the 8?

I want to dole out the containers as the game progresses, so link becomes more powerful as he advances.
I also want to do the "increase magic" room at some point.

is the 8 the amount that he can carry, or does it have something to do with the magics strenght?

does each "container" represent one? (of the 8)

System Error
03-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Yes, each container represents one. On a certain page of the INIT data, there is an option to set the amount of Magic you start with. Set it to "0" to start with if you want it that way. By 8, that's the amount of magic that you can carry. 8 is also the amount of magic you start with in the 182 test quest. For the "Increase Magic", simply set the room type of a room to "Double Magic."

Ielen
03-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Try to test by putting 8 magic containers in 8 different screens (can be overworld or dungeon).
Then to get half magic which will "increase magic", you can set a room with the magic upgrade guy.

TheGeepster
03-02-2003, 06:21 AM
The 8 is 8 bars of magic initially (full magic). If you want magic to start with, you can set this, If you want them to earn it, then you can start it at whatever level you want. (Each bar is the length of a heart.)