PDA

View Full Version : Layering

The Ion Extreme
03-01-2003, 04:48 PM
In my quest,I want it to rain in one world. How do I do that

Questwizard88
03-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Make a rain animation in the tile editor. Make a combo for the rain. Go to an unused screen on a different map and place the rain tile where you want it to rain on that screen. In the menu go to Data ->Layers. Do this on the screen you want the rain to appear on. This is best done on layers 5 or 6. Where it says Map type in the number of the map you put the screen with the rain on. In scrn. Put the number of the screen you placed the rain on. if you want the layer to be transparent, check the box that says transparent. This may not look too good, though. When you have finished this, click the done button. If you checked the box for the layer to be transparent, and it does not look good, press B on the keyboard. This should make it look a little better. If this doesn't, just uncheck the box to make the layer transparent.

The Ion Extreme
03-01-2003, 05:29 PM
I'll try to do this. But if I have problems, I'll need someone to help plz

BTW,thanks

tried it. can't figure how to do it.
Could someone take my quest and make a rain layer please?

System Error
03-01-2003, 08:00 PM
Uhh...we need your quest first. :)

Freedom
03-01-2003, 08:05 PM
Ion,

You have to make a screen and save it for each layer, you do this under data>>layers
then put your layers on a map of their own.... like map 13, and set the address to them on data>>>layers.. on the main screen that has the first layer.

Idontknow has a good tutorial.

It's pretty simple once you understand the basics of how it works.

here's an example..

on your overworld map screen 00
lets say you want a layer 2
you click on data>> layers and put 13 for map in the #2 column
and 00 for the screen.
your layer 2 will now be located on map 13 screen 00.
now click on the page up for the small window and click the circle for layer 2 and blacken it out to make it transparent over top of you overworld 00 screen.
then add the item you want.

with rain you don't even have to black it out, the rain tile does it, just completely paint the layer screen.

with rain it would need to be a higher # layer, like 5 or 6 I guess.