PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!! anyone whos finished a game, please

ryan
03-01-2003, 12:32 AM
:confuse2: I have just finished my first DMAP and now i want to begin my next DMap, but when i try it gives me my old tile set, how do i change it to use a new set, also how to i connect warps to different maps, thanks in advance:mega:

JayeM
03-01-2003, 04:05 AM
I'm not sure I understand the problem, but did you increase your map count?

Ielen
03-01-2003, 04:27 AM
Your quest always start with Dmap 0 and normally would be linked to Map 1.
Do remember you can have alot of Dmaps but they must be linked to the correct maps.
Example, your introduction is on Map 1, overworld on Map 2, Level 1 on Map 3, Level 1 boss also on Map 3.

So your Dmap will operate like this :

Dmap 0 - (set to Map 1, Type: Overw, Color: 00- Overw, Level: 0, Name: Introduction, Dmap Title: Intro)

Dmap 1 - (set to Map 2, Type: Overw, Color: 00- Overw, Level: 0, Name: Hyrule, Dmap Title: Hyrule)

Dmap 2 - (set to Map 3, Type : Dungn, Color: any dungeon color you want, Level: 1, Name: Level 1, Dmap Title: LEVEL - 1)

Dmap 3 - (set to Map 3, Type : Dungn, Color: any dungeon color you want, Level: 1, Name: Level 1 Boss, Dmap Title: LEVEL - 1)

To connect warps, you can use either Tile Warp or Side Warp.
But that is quite complicated initially but once you got the hang of it, you will find it quite easy.
The Alphadawg tutorial taught the use of Tile Warp to a dungeon and side warp back to the Overworld, but did not teach how to do scrolling warps which is needed if you want to design mazes or change the music in a dungeon if you encounter a boss mob.

VEL
03-01-2003, 02:24 PM
--Moved to ZC Quest Editor Help-- ;)