PDA

View Full Version : Making Link walk behind things

Fox_Of_The_Wind
02-28-2003, 03:55 PM
How can you make Link walk behind things (like in a deep forest or like under a bridge)?

jman2050
02-28-2003, 04:24 PM
layers. Do a search or ask someone else. I don't feel like getting into it.

TheGeepster
02-28-2003, 10:09 PM
You also have the option of setting up overhead combos. This works better for some things like doorframes in dungeons (if you selected the freeform dungeon rule.

The skinny on layers is that Layer 0 is the active flag layer, layers 1 and 2 are under Link, 3 & 4 are over Link but under flying enemies, and all layers above are drawn over everything.

There is also the setup for each map where you activate the individual layers and set up which map they are stored on (they all need to be different). Once this is done, you can actually edit all layers from the same screen. (Use PgUp and PgDn to find the layer information just below the screen being edited)

Freedom
03-01-2003, 01:19 AM
Geepster,

What do you mean by different maps?
for each layer?
I set map 13 aside for my layers, and have probably 25 in there now.
some I even use on multiple screens (for simple items)
meaning I'm using a layer page on other frames as well.

I've tested this several times and it's working perfectly, with 4 layers at present.

I figured when I move in to the next map area, I'd set another map aside for all those layer pages, like I did on the first section.

If I put ONE layer to a map, then 255 maps would fall far short of what I'm trying to do here, it would take 80 maps just to do the cave complex I just finished.

Is that what you are saying must be done to avoid a glitch?
I'd hate to have problems down the road, but as I said it's working perfectly now with about 1/4 of my overworld map done and one cave complex.

TheGeepster
03-01-2003, 02:17 PM
What I meant was that for each individual map system, all active layers would be on a different map. It sounds like you have it all figured out so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Freedom
03-01-2003, 03:17 PM
:O)

System Error
03-01-2003, 03:24 PM
They don't have to be on different maps. For example, layer 4 could be on Map 3 and Layer 6 could be on map 3 without any glitches AFAIK.