PDA

View Full Version : .Wav --> .Mid Converter.

ShadowTiger
02-28-2003, 08:50 AM
WOOHOOoooo! I managed to get myself a half@$$ed .wav file of the Star Tropics 2 first Dungeon. I have been waiting for that song for sooooo very long, and I finally figured out how to rip music (and somehow, the sfx at the same time, but that's not a good thing. :sweat: ) from the game as its playing. The thing is, as you may have already guessed, it's in a .wav form, and I can't use that in ZC naturally. So is there a way to convert it to a midi file that is actually playable in ZC or ZQuest?

And the ST2 dungeon file is 2.something MB, so I won't be uploading it from my modem. :rolleyes:

Teilyr
02-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Yes. You download a midi creation tool, like Anvil Studio, listen to the wav file, then compose it in midi form.

There is no easy way.

Kairyu
02-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Set up the "Waterfall" music to actually be this .Wav file you have. If there is a section at the start which isn't repeated, though, then you're royally messed up. Good luck.

ShadowTiger
02-28-2003, 03:42 PM
OMG! That is so brilliant! :eek: Thank you Kairyu. I can't believe I never thought of that. Hmm... I guess I could also replace it with one of the boss FX sounds, right? Because i'm already using the waterfall wav. Oh wait, the boss FX skips, right. Dang. Oh well, I'll try things. Thanks everyone, though further recommendations are always welcome. ;)

Saffith
02-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Is this the one?

st2_dngn.mid (http://saffith.homestead.com/files/St2_dngn.mid)

ShadowTiger
03-02-2003, 11:58 AM
OHMYGODHEFOUNDIT!
Where did you find this? Please, you must tell me! If you made this, I'll put you in the credits of my quest. Please! Thank you so much....

Saffith
03-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Yeah, made it myself. I'll probably submit it to VGMusic today or tomorrow.

Kairyu
03-03-2003, 10:40 AM
No problem. At the moment, I'm torn between trying to get a good .Wav recording of "Tragic Prince" from SotN or just using a simple Midi... There's a lot you can do with SFX, I just kinda wish we had more to work with.

ShadowTiger
03-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Well, you have a point, and we can always ask for a few "dummy" Wav hardpoints so we can do something like this if we needed to. Kinda like a "misc" item in ZC.

KJAZZ
03-04-2003, 01:53 AM
Alternately, you could convert the .wav --> .it format by means of ModPlug Tracker, and then use than in ZC..but whatever works for you..:shrug:

ShadowTiger
03-04-2003, 08:39 AM
You can? :odd: How?

Kairyu
03-04-2003, 04:43 PM
The only major problem with which being, not all people's computers like .ITs... mine WILL play them, but it just freezes up in seconds (Literally :sweat: ).

ShadowTiger
03-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Ah.. So sorry to hear that then. But what if mine doesn't! All of my IT's play just fine, so if I converted it to an .IT format, it would play just fine, or would I have problems with it because it was converted?

Oh, and thanks again to Saffith for the kick@$$ Midi. :D