PDA

View Full Version : Pikmin 2... to support network play?!

KingArthur
02-27-2003, 10:40 PM
http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=4005

From the screenshots released so far, it appears that Pikmin 2 will feature network play of some sore, whether online, or through a LAN, or both. The evidence is that the second "blue olimar" is displayed on the same, non-splitscreen, shot as olimar, these shots include the HUD and targetting cursor for Olimar, but NOT the second player.

Thunderbird
02-28-2003, 02:25 AM
So there will be another GameCube game with online capability. For a time, I thought that only PSO was gonna have that.

TheGeepster
02-28-2003, 07:19 AM
Didn't Nintendo also get Everquest released on it? Or was that another console?

Thunderbird
02-28-2003, 01:53 PM
AFAIK, Everquest is only available for the PS2. Isn't Sony the company that is publishing it?

KingArthur
02-28-2003, 03:35 PM
lol, Sony owns everquest, why would they put it on another console?

Nintendo is supposed to be announcing thier online plans at this years E3, Mario Kart online (rumored) or SSBM Online (again rumored) anyone?

Ganonator
02-28-2003, 05:33 PM
I would rather see an F-Zero Online, cause racing is better in its cleanest state (non-mario kart style)

I am certainly awaiting the new Pikmin, since the last one was one of the best puzzle games i've played

Maverick_Zero
02-28-2003, 05:37 PM
A racing game would suffer horribly from lag though, especcially one like F-Zero because of how your car gets damaged when it is just sitting on the edge of the track. Like you're about to do a sharp turn, you go to make it, you lag, by the time the game STOPS lagging you're down to half health, and you're in 6th place. F-Zero wouldn't be too good online.

KingArthur
03-01-2003, 03:39 AM
Nah, F-Zero wouldnt, but Mario Kart's battle mode would rule.

TheGeepster
03-01-2003, 02:41 PM
I always preferred the Mario Kart style to F-Zero. For one it also would have a neat Battle Mode. Plus I found the controls of Mario Kart to be better anyways.

SSBM Online? That might tick off people who've already bought the non-online version (like myself). But that wouldn't be bad either.

KingArthur
03-01-2003, 04:03 PM
I assume it would be something like SSBM2 with online support, not just the same game.

TheGeepster
03-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Oh? New characters perhaps? It should at least have some feature attached to using the original SSBM savefile.