PDA

View Full Version : What version of zelda to build with?

Fox_Of_The_Wind
02-27-2003, 08:34 PM
After about 3 years knowing and playing quests from Zelda Classic. I think it is time that I try to make my mark in quest making. My question is. What version of zelda should I use to make my quest? The one that is on the download page in Zelda Classic? or a nother one?

Ielen
02-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Use the latest 182 build to make your quest. This build is good and less error prone.

Turn-A Gamer
02-28-2003, 01:28 AM
Use 183. 183 is even less error prone.

Foxx
02-28-2003, 04:49 AM
I don't think you can make quests with 183, my memory is that only the player was released for that build.

Of course, when the official version 1.92 is released then that will be the program of choice. (Although in my humble opinion, calling the current version of ZC v. 1.92 is a sick joke, it's really a lot more like v. 2.50 or 3.00)

Ganonator
02-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Foxx - DN stated that the final for 1.92 will in fact be called 2.0.

If I was to make a quest with the current builds, I would use 1.92b182. Then, play the quest on 183. Sounds crazy, but it will give you the best results.

Verbatim
02-28-2003, 07:21 PM
Since I don't know how much Zquest skill you've picked up while you've been hanging around (happy 2nd year aniversary, by the way), I'll put it like this...

The best version to build with if you don't find it overwhelming is b182. If you find all the features in b182 to be too much, maybe you should try building something in 1.90 first, or going through the quest tutorial in 1.90 (a few things have changed in the new version, so it might be easier to go through it in 1.90, then ask questions in Quest Editor Help if you have trouble with moving to b182 afterwards).

It's not too hard to design in b182 though, only a few things (like door sets) are different from what the tutorial says, mainly there have just been a lot of things added...if you don't try to master every feature from the get-go it won't be too confusing.

Plus, almost everybody that's around to answer questions in the help forum is designing with b182, so you're likely to get good help for it when you ask questions. Not that there aren't plenty who still remember how 1.90 works, but if you don't say what version, people will usually assume you mean b182.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
03-01-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Verbatim
Since I don't know how much Zquest skill you've picked up while you've been hanging around (happy 2nd year aniversary, by the way), I'll put it like this...

The best version to build with if you don't find it overwhelming is b182. If you find all the features in b182 to be too much, maybe you should try building something in 1.90 first, or going through the quest tutorial in 1.90 (a few things have changed in the new version, so it might be easier to go through it in 1.90, then ask questions in Quest Editor Help if you have trouble with moving to b182 afterwards).

It's not too hard to design in b182 though, only a few things (like door sets) are different from what the tutorial says, mainly there have just been a lot of things added...if you don't try to master every feature from the get-go it won't be too confusing.

Plus, almost everybody that's around to answer questions in the help forum is designing with b182, so you're likely to get good help for it when you ask questions. Not that there aren't plenty who still remember how 1.90 works, but if you don't say what version, people will usually assume you mean b182.

Thank you (On the happy aniversary part)

I have been having 2nd thoughts. But I think I am going to make a remake of the 1st quest. The one that came with build b182.

I problely will not put it on the www. Because of being my first try and all. But I will give it my all.

(think I might have this layer thing figeredout)

heartless_87
03-01-2003, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know where I can find what 2.0 will have?

TheGeepster
03-01-2003, 02:29 PM
There should be a frozen posts with the items being worked on in this forum.

System Error
03-01-2003, 03:14 PM
The 183 player AND the 183 editor have been released. It's somewhere on zcnetwork. And Geep, that's already on the suggestions part, but the list hawsn't been updated.