PDA

View Full Version : RE Remakes.

Maverick_Zero
02-26-2003, 07:58 PM
They're making RE2 and 3 remakes as I'm sure you've all heard, well I thought the remake of the first one was simply great, how they improved upon the graphics and the gameplay. And the 2 and 3 remakes look to be even better.

Some facts from Capcom.com for RE2

• 2 separate adventures: Play as Leon or Claire in anall out struggle for survival
• Loaded with hidden items and vital information about the Resident Evil saga
• Adjust the intensity of the game according to player’s skill and experience
Whats you guys opionion on these games.

and re3

• More zombies, more terror, and even more evil.
• Challenging enemies that come back to life at any time.
• Face off against the most terrifying mutations stalking the streets of Raccoon City.

How do you guys think these games'll be?
• A unique new drama which reveals more details ofUmbrella Corporation's devious activities from the Resident Evil saga.

Saffith
02-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Actually, those are both already out. And they're not remade. They're entirely unchanged from the original PSX versions. Rather disappointing.
If they're remaking them in addition to that, I haven't heard about it. I'm fairly certain they aren't, though.

Fiyerstorm
02-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Actually, you're half right..

They were already released but it wasn't the crappy PSX version...it was the semi-crappy DC versions of the game. It just looks a little better than PSX.

Maverick_Zero
02-26-2003, 10:17 PM
They are still keeping them the same, I'm saying they are remade basicallly because of the new feature in RE3 which shows more about the Umbrella Corp.

Maverik X
02-28-2003, 02:35 AM
I've seen the remake of the first one, and it was great. As a side note, does anyone remember the voice acting from the first Resident Evil? Well, someone ripped the voiceovers from it, and created a rather provocative audio clip, with such lines as, "Jill sandwich" and "can I practice for a while?" (If anyone remembers where those were said.) At any rate, the game was great, and the audio clip was hilarious.

MottZilla
02-28-2003, 04:57 AM
I have Resident Evil (1) on gamecube, and it's pretty cool. I really liked exploiting the Grenade launcher glitch.

3-Headed Monkey
02-28-2003, 08:38 PM
They were already released but it wasn't the crappy PSX version...it was the semi-crappy DC versions of the game. It just looks a little better than PSX.

I assume that when you say this, you mean by today's standards, correct? The reason I ask is that the DC version of RE2 is great, but if it was made today, it'd be dissapointing. It's still amazingly fun, though, even by today's standards, regardless of its graphics.