PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Legends

mikeron
02-26-2003, 01:07 AM
http://www.gameforms.com/news/?713

Players can choose to control up to four different X-Men, including series mainstays Wolverine, Cyclops, Angel, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey (Phoenix), Gambit, Colossus, Psylocke, Storm, Forge, Beast, Iceman, and many more.
/me dies

CharlesFWaldo
02-26-2003, 02:37 AM
Now That's Interesting about the named writers, Joe Kelly, Joe Casey, and Steven Seagle, It's nice to see that their work on X-men within the last 5 years is actually getting some respect.

I wonder if they'll port it to the PC

mikeron
02-26-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by CharlesFWaldo
Now That's Interesting about the named writers, Joe Kelly, Joe Casey, and Steven Seagle, It's nice to see that their work on X-men within the last 5 years is actually getting some respect.Well, since Stan Lee has gotten so much attention, it seems fitting to give everybody some recognition.
Originally posted by CharlesFWaldo
I wonder if they'll port it to the PC One can only hope. If it does well on consoles, they'll probably make a special release on PC with lots of cool stuff.

ShyGuy0824
02-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Players can choose to control up to four different X-Men, including series mainstays Wolverine, Cyclops, Angel, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey (Phoenix), Gambit, Colossus, Psylocke, Storm, Forge, Beast, Iceman, and many more."

clearly, there is hope :-D I wonder how it'll play (it says it'll be like Baldur's Gate, which I've never played), but it would be interesting seeing as how so much of the story could change based on who you took.

Blonde799
02-26-2003, 06:29 PM
Oh god. I rather have it as a good, but complex beat 'em up, like LotR(I think it was the two towers). I used to play the old X-men arcade game to death.:D

mikeron
02-26-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
I used to play the old X-men arcade game to death.:D I remember there being a four player version with tandem screens because one screen could not contain the action.

Blonde799
02-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Hmmmm. The versions I played had it all on one screen, with up to four players available, like any other four player button mashing game.:)

Kirbypuff
02-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Are you talking about that huge machine, that could have 4 players? I used to love that one.

Maverick_Zero
02-26-2003, 07:37 PM
I don't think it would work good as an RPG, but a beat-em-up, in 3d, that would be alot better in my opinion. mmm Wolverine. :drool:

mikeron
02-26-2003, 10:28 PM
Actually, it was six player (http://www.ggdb.com/GGDB/DetailsZoom.asp?Cat=TechRoot.KB.VZ&VID=3474&PID=2893&NID=1&TID=Game).

Blonde799
02-26-2003, 11:17 PM
Interesting, how six were never the total amount at once.:rolleyes:

Beldaran
02-26-2003, 11:18 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game. I will most likely rent it and consider purchasing it if it is good.

I think the idea of an X-men RPG is interesting and I'm excited to try it out.