PDA

View Full Version : AGN burping contest!

Ganonator
02-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Its funny how when things get really boring at college, somebody invents a new way to really set things off.

Well, after winning a burping contest in my hall here at school, I figured i'd test the waters here at AGN.

Here are the rules.
1) Your gastrointestinal noises must be ORIGINAL. Anyone caught w/ a burp that isn't theirs will be DQed.
2) If there is a general consensus that somebody has 'out-burped' you, you can re-enter. If you are on top, you can't enter any more to compete with your own, even if its gastastic.
3) Submissions are in either mp3 or wav, and if you have a server like mine, they can be in a .zip if necessary.
4) You must name your burps. More creative titles = better judging!
5) If you are really snazzy w/ editing and think you will just expand a little bit in the middle, I will know. Besides, it isn't length that counts.
6) like above, if this burp is rather technical, I'll probably enjoy it more.

Grab your mics and start releasing!

My first submission

"The Gurgler"
TheGurgler(Ganonator).zip (http://members.fortunecity.com/ganonator1/thegurgler(ganonator).zip)

Good Luck all :lol:

Thunderbird
02-26-2003, 12:47 AM
I don't have a mic. Not that I'd want to enter a burping contest anyway :p.

How the hell are you going to be able to figure out if someone's burp is theirs or not?

Ganonator
02-26-2003, 02:39 AM
its not like somebody can just go on Kazaa and type in 'burp'. Besides, original ones sound extremely natural. There is other information in the file the i can look up.

mikeron
02-26-2003, 03:04 AM
Nice rip, mofo!

Drunken Tiger
02-26-2003, 03:27 AM
LoL

This is what we get up to now at AGN yeah??

Ganonator
02-26-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Drunken Tiger
LoL

This is what we get up to now at AGN yeah??

That might possibly the most uncomprehendable statement ever writen on these boards. Thank you.

Now, lets not have everybody crowd the boards and enter this competition all at once, k?

Breaker
02-26-2003, 04:59 AM
... Or perhaps you're just either too impatient or too... something else, to realiase that Drunken Tiger is originally from japan and moved to Australia, so his english may not be up to speed. Do not put him down, even I can tell what he meant.

Translation: AGN has degraded to 'burping contests' in general discussion. -_-

Foxx
02-26-2003, 07:15 AM
I'd take burping contests over staff-rending battles any day.

Drunken Tiger
02-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Breaker
... Or perhaps you're just either too impatient or too... something else, to realiase that Drunken Tiger is originally from japan and moved to Australia, so his english may not be up to speed. Do not put him down, even I can tell what he meant.

Translation: AGN has degraded to 'burping contests' in general discussion. -_-

THANK VERY MUCH YOU BREKKAR!!

I BORN USA TO CHINESE PARENT, MOTHER NO SPEAK ENGRISH SO ENGRISH NO VERY GOOD, CHINESE FIRST LANUGAGE... MOVE AUSTRALIA MADE ENGRISH EVEN BADDER!!

I REALLY TRY IMPROVE ENGRISH... BUT SOO HARD!!
:reading:

goKi
02-26-2003, 08:41 AM

MOVE AUSTRALIA MADE ENGRISH EVEN BADDER!!

:eyebrow: What are you saying about my English?

Gerudo
02-26-2003, 08:50 AM

THANK VERY MUCH YOU BREKKAR!!

I BORN USA TO CHINESE PARENT, MOTHER NO SPEAK ENGRISH SO ENGRISH NO VERY GOOD, CHINESE FIRST LANUGAGE... MOVE AUSTRALIA MADE ENGRISH EVEN BADDER!!

I REALLY TRY IMPROVE ENGRISH... BUT SOO HARD!!
:reading: :rofl:
quoted, sigged

thanks DT! :lol:

The Savior
02-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Thunderbird
I don't have a mic.

[list=1]
Grab a pair of headphones
Unplug them
Plug them into the microphone jack on your soundcard
You now have a microphone
[/list=1]

Gerudo
02-26-2003, 08:54 AM
i thought every -[smart]- person knew that... :shrug:

ive dont it m'self...

Ganonator
02-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Since I will not degrade so low as to argue or even respond to breaker, that will not be necessary. You all must realize that I am either here to entertain for enjoyment or mental interest. I have never had any intent on putting anyone down. Yes, breaker, this is the second scuffle we've had in GD over the past couple of weeks.

Topics like this get posted for the simple sake of enjoyment. If you don't agree with the way I like to operate, you can simply ignore me - which some of you tend to do. I'm disappointed when some people make a big deal out of little things because they disagree - or they disagree because they think they will be noticed and like the attention.

Now that this topic is completely ruined, how about we start out fresh again, k? no more put downs or stupid comments? If I end up being the self-proclaimed greatest burper AGN has ever seen, how will you all take it?

again, good luck to you all.

Blonde799
02-26-2003, 06:39 PM
I was gonna enter after I drunk 2 liters of Sprite, but I really had to go, and I couldn't stop myself from burping unless I wanted my stomach and throat to explode, so I forfeit.:(

Good luck with anyone else that finds a pair of old headphones.:)

TheGeepster
02-27-2003, 02:20 AM
you can simply ignore me
Huh? Did you say something?

If it helps Drunken Tiger, I understood you perfectly well.
(Random Thought: All we need is "High Dragon" and we could have one heckuva martial arts parody on our hands.

Anyways, I like the idea of random silliness like this to break up things like incredibly heated political debates. And I may try to enter a burp sometime, but mine are nothing special.

Drunken Tiger
02-27-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by goKi

:eyebrow: What are you saying about my English?

Im simply stating that once i felt comfortable speaking english in the states.. I had to move here and pick up a new language.. AUSTRALIAN... :p

gdorf
02-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Grab a pair of headphones

Unplug them

Plug them into the microphone jack on your soundcard

You now have a microphone

Thats something really cool that I didn't know. Sweet. :)
And, by the way, what software can I use to record?

Ganonator
02-27-2003, 07:03 PM
good ol' windows sound recorder Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder

ShadowTiger
02-28-2003, 12:20 AM
OMG! :rofl: Try Putting It On Loop! I nearly did one of my own when I heard "the gurgler"

Ah, reminds me of why I ever went on a forum in the first place. :sweat:

J/K