PDA

View Full Version : I am about to work on what could be the wost quest ever

Jigglysaint
02-25-2003, 09:37 PM
I am making a game based on the Intellivision game "Advanced Dungeons&Dragons, Treasure of Tarmin". This will push the limits of ZC, the other way that is! The objective is to find your way to the Minotaur and claim the treasure. This won't be easy because the way is locked, and only by assembling the Teleport bood can you stand a chance. The book was split into 8 pieces by the Minitaur and are kept safe via 8 special doors that are enchanted, hence refered to as "Enchated Doors". Along the way there are treasures abound, and nasty monsters too. The quest will be quite repetitive, just like in the real game, but the focus will be on searching the maze and recovering artifacts.

The true intent of this game is to see how far the other way I can go, graphics wise, and still produce a fun quest. We have seen C-dawgs masterpieces, but nobody has tried tackling an oldschool quest before. I might add a few things to make the game more fun, but the main objective will be very clear. Oh, and you have to finish the game in one sitting too, meaning no saves(or you will get stuck). You can't even die once(well, maybe once or twice.).

Ielen
02-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Go work on it Jig, it is a great quest idea.

Jigglysaint
02-25-2003, 09:47 PM
I bed I could make a game using almost no sprites, just damage combos.

DarkFlameWolf
02-25-2003, 11:29 PM
o_O
this...........should be interesting.....can I beta test?

Jigglysaint
02-25-2003, 11:42 PM
Are you an alpha tester?

DarkFlameWolf
02-25-2003, 11:47 PM
haven't checked at ZCN...maybe...but I know I'm a beta tester.

JayeM
02-26-2003, 12:02 AM
Sounds cool, Jiggly. Working on the "less-is-more" principle, like minimalist art. I'm looking forward to it!

Jigglysaint
02-26-2003, 12:38 AM
Well, the art might be crappy, but the custom enemies won't! I just spent some times animating a dwarf that is protected by a ring of fireballs, and his attacks get worse the more times you hit it. All the enemies will either use fireballs, lightning, or darts, axes, knives(remember, minimilistic), and spears. Each of the several enemies you meet will have unique attacks. My plan would be to have about 3 different types of several enemies. The enchanted doors will be especially tough(at a tribute).

BTW, I suggest you download the Intellepack 3 program and try the games. You will wonder why we even need a Gamecube after you try these games(results may vary).