PDA

View Full Version : "Saddam's Arsenal"

fatcatfan
02-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Special on the History Channel. It's showing right now (already half over) and shows again at 11PM Central time. Very enlightening.

The Savior
02-25-2003, 09:58 PM
I just caught about 10 minutes of it. It was very informative, I wish I had seen more.

fatcatfan
02-25-2003, 10:21 PM
Like I said, it'll be on again. I only caught the last half, so I intend to watch it again.

The Savior
02-25-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm asleep by 11, and taping it isn't an option. I'm sure it will be on again though.

Rijuhn
02-25-2003, 11:56 PM
I had some doubts about the war, mostly because I don't know any history of the Iraq and and the Gulf War, but after watching several specials about Iraq's history, Saddam's mind, and Kuwait and such. It was all very enlightening, and allowed me to finally have no doubts about this war, and now I support our president and country 100%. God Bless America!!

SUCCESSOR
02-26-2003, 12:11 AM
I've said this since 9/11 and i maintain it still. We should nuke China!

TheGeepster
02-26-2003, 12:13 AM
God Bless America and keep her from wandering from the narrow way. I do need to watch this special sometime. Darn shame i haven't any cable yet.

mikeron
02-26-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by SUCCESSOR
I've said this since 9/11 and i maintain it still. We should nuke China! Don't worry, China will nuke China sooner or later.

TheGeepster
02-26-2003, 02:15 AM
Don't worry, China will nuke China sooner or later.
Eh? What kind of crazy country uses these kind of weapons against itself? Other than ones with psycho tyrant leaders with a power trip or in a bad mood that day, I mean..

Axel
02-26-2003, 09:10 AM
2004 can't come fast enough...

VashdeStampedo!
02-26-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by SUCCESSOR
I've said this since 9/11 and i maintain it still. We should nuke China!
Which has what to do with 9/11?

Of course, they've been due since the Cold War. . . communist bastards.

Blonde799
02-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Axel
The US can't take itself to hell fast enough.:laughing: The amount of deaths now won't compare to the hundreds lost if we go into war, and I'm not talking about the soldiers, folks.

TheGeepster
02-26-2003, 10:59 AM
A prediction for the moderately distant future:

The time will come when we will go to war with North Korea, due to the same reason as Iraq. In that day, the same people who today ask why we're ignoring Kim Jung Il and just going after Iraq will also protest war against North Korea. I don't think this will happen until a regime change in Iraq though.

And a second, those of the Democrat persuasion will find 2004 as disappointing as 2002. I see in Bush much of the same stuff Reagan was made of. And I consider that a good thing.

Am I right? I dunno, I'll hafta wait and see.

fatcatfan
02-26-2003, 12:19 PM
The Democrats are too busy fighting amongst themselves to win a presidency.

As for the show, it was very informative. It was shocking to better understand just how close Saddam has been and is to having nuclear weapons. That's just touching the surface of it all. Everyone, particularly those protesting this war, really should see the show.

AtmaWeapon
02-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Axel

Ahh yes. I'm sure that in the event of a Democratic president, all of our foreign policy issues will just magically vanish, right? If we'd only elect a Democrat, then all the other countries in the world would put aside their differences and come to us with offers of friendship.

Not to mention that the Democrats never argue amongst themselves like the Republicans do.

LORD APOCALYPSE
02-26-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally by:
VashdeStampedo!
Of course, they've been due since the Cold War. . . communist bastards.

Now isn't that the most ignorant moronic statement i'v heard all year:darkmage:

cyberkitten
02-26-2003, 01:11 PM
having grown up in a family with a lot of military service, and having my lil brother currently in the air force, as much as i hate the thought of having family overseas, i have to support removing saddam from power.
yes, there will be casualties, many of them civilian. when saddam uses the population (many women and children) as human shields and takes refuge in schools and hospitals, it has to be expected. a war may be bloody, but the way the population over there is treated is unacceptable. saddam has no respect for human life (other than his own) and no intention of playing by the rules that we're expected to adhere to during any conflict.
he's killing and torturing people every day and the vast majority of the population in that area is living in conditions so horrible you couldn't imagine. what would you do if someone were to rape you mom...or sister... and had a brute squad in attendance to force you to watch? you'd want him arrested and charges brought against him. and all of the people who were with him. stuff like that happens every day over there... but there's nobody to watchdog and make sure that basic human rights aren't violated.
basically, yes people will die in a violent way. but people die in horrible ways daily over there in large numbers at the hands of their own government. losing your life in a bombing is preferable to losing your life after days and days of torture during which they won't let you die. and once he's removed from power, it opens up all kinds of aid opportunities for the people who live there. they can have a greatly improved quality of life and learn to stop living in utter terror. we can help them, but he has to go. there's no way around it. things have not improved since we were there a decade ago. it won't get better on it's own.