PDA

View Full Version : Will you be able to buy OoT and MQ for gamecube seperatley?

Aliem
02-25-2003, 12:12 AM
I jsut want to know if you can or will be able to get OoT and MQ seperatley, as I dont own a gamecube. Yet.

MottZilla
02-25-2003, 12:16 AM
Not in normal retail stores. But yes, on Ebay, certain game specialty/used game stores, etc.

Mak-X
02-25-2003, 12:20 AM
I would go preorder now if you plan to get it in the future, although without a Gamecube to play the games on that would kinda be ashame. I'm sure you can find them (even now) on eBay, and maybe if anyone sells them used at Electronics Boutique or Gamestop. I don't think Ocarina of Time GC/Master Quest will be available to buy seperately. I think Best Buy might be selling the bonus disc for $15 though right now.

TheGeepster
02-25-2003, 02:40 AM
My impression is that OoT/MQ is a promo item only. ($15 down on WW preorder)

Aliem
02-26-2003, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I thought of that too. I dont know if I'll be able to get a GC soon, cause my parents just got me a PS2 a little while ago. (Final Fantasy X was a huge dissapointment) I really need a job. Whats the fun of owning WW, OoT, and MQ if you cant play them! Oh, fate. How you mock me!

vegeta1215
02-26-2003, 01:22 AM
I saw the bonus disc on sale at Walmart in the glass case with the other GCN games for $10. Check it out.

TheGeepster
02-26-2003, 02:29 AM
That Wal-Mart musta been weird, Vegeta1215. Other than someplace like E-bay, the only other places I've seen where you can get the OoT/MQ disk, it's been as a promo item for a preorder of WW.

Life (and fate if you believe in it) has that little tendency to mock people, EvilBetty.

The Savior
02-26-2003, 08:40 AM
You can get it from Amazon, but it costs more than WW does, so there's no point.

Monica
02-26-2003, 02:43 PM
O_o On the OOT case it said "Not for Resale" which means the stores aren't supposed to sell the bonus. They're SUPPOSED to give it away like Nintendo told them to.

SiliconHero
02-26-2003, 03:13 PM
Promo only? Nuts. Now, I'll never get to play Master Quest.

MottZilla
02-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Hm... so they are selling it seperately despite Nintendo's wishes? If I find where I think I'll grab a copy.

Aliem
02-26-2003, 10:10 PM
What are the differences between OoT and MQ, anyway?

Maverick_Zero
02-26-2003, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't bother with it, it's not that cool. Just a word of advice.

Cloral
02-26-2003, 10:37 PM
Mainly harder dungeons. They managed to take the same basic dungeon layouts from OoT and put a bunch of tough puzzles in there. I like it though, because I always found OoT to be too easy.

Mak-X
02-26-2003, 11:29 PM
The Gamecube version of Ocarina of Time is better than the N64 one since the resolution has been increased, and the game now runs at about 30 FPS, much smoother than the N64 version. Master Quest is a remix of the dungeons, like a second quest.

N64 - http://members.aol.com/captiann64/zelda/n64oot2.jpg GC - http://members.aol.com/captiann64/zelda/gcoot2.jpg

N64
http://members.aol.com/captiann64/zelda/n64oot3.jpg

GC

http://members.aol.com/captiann64/zelda/gcoot3.jpg http://members.aol.com/captiann64/zelda/gcoot5.jpg

Aliem
02-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Really? I thought Master Quest was Ura Ocarina of Time that was "released" for the 64DD. I thought it was more different from OoT... Dang.

Mak-X
02-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Master Quest is the unreleased (until now) "Ura Zelda". Ura Zelda was finished but never released on the 64DD. It's was called Ura Zelda in Japan when it came out last late Nov there, and its called Master Quest for the U.S.

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/makzelda/interviews/tww_conference.html

Q: Regarding the recent release of Ura Zelda in Japan: are there any differences between the original Ura/Ocarina of Time games and the GameCube ports? What made you decide to port the games over? Do you unlock anything after beating them? Is it coming to the U.S.?

Miyamoto: We made Ura Zelda on the 64DD, but the game design didn't call for any of the system's special features, so nothing needed to be cut out when porting it to the GameCube. It was a pretty easy port.
As for why we ported it, the 64DD was only released in Japan and even then it was only available to network subscribers, so we had been trying to find a way to make Ura Zelda available to more people for a while now. The problem was how. Cartridges cost a lot to make, after all, so on the N64 we would've had to sell it in some way or another. We were considering plans to sell it through some magazine or another at one point. However, now that the media is much cheaper, it became easier to do something like the preorder bonus to get it to as many people as possible.
The bonus disc is only available in Japan right now, and we haven't decided yet how we'll distribute the game overseas. However, I hope that people won't have to spend a fortune on auction sites to get their hands on the game over there; I want to find a way to get the game to everyone that wants to play it. We haven't announced anything yet, though, so I'll have to ask you to wait until we do.
Ura Zelda's not really a completely different game [from Ocarina of Time]; it's more of something you'd try after completing Ocarina first. Some parts of Ura will make you laugh, and some will give you a lot more trouble than before. So don't expect it to be a hugely different title; it's just something for people who've finished Ocarina to enjoy. As a result, nothing's unlocked in the GameCube Zelda if you finish the game.

Q: How hard was it to port Ocarina over? I'm assuming the N64 and GameCube are pretty different from each other. Will we see any other N64 ports like this?

Miyamoto: Well, even though the GameCube's a disc-based machine, a lot of its architecture is the same as if it were a cartridge-based machine, so the port process was really pretty simple. The GameCube's capable of much higher resolutions, too, so the game runs at four times the resolution of the N64 original. As for whether we'll port any other games, that process is pretty simple for us, but the issue is figuring out which games users want to play the most. So there's nothing preventing us on the technical side, but we'd need to think over any other games first.

Cloral
02-27-2003, 08:33 PM
Really, Master Quest is to OoT what the second quest was to the original Legend of Zelda. A few things are moved around, but the main difference is the dungeons, which are quite a bit harder.

Aliem
02-28-2003, 02:42 AM
Hmmm... well, I've still gotta get a copy. I'd love to try it.