PDA

View Full Version : Quest Building question

CharlesFWaldo
02-24-2003, 10:16 PM
I was just wondering, but how long, on average, would it take to build a 1 mb quest? My question may seem general, but I was just wondering since I'm planning to use my free time after midterms to build my quest.

idontknow
02-24-2003, 10:41 PM
um..probably like 4/5 months..it depends on how great you want it to be...how familiar you are w/ zquest...if your creative...how much freetime you have...if you can make your quest right as you go along in front of the computer or if you are the type of person that takes awhile/plans your ideas out thoroughly...theres a lot of factors...so far i've worked on my quest for about 5-6 months

Blonde799
02-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Just because the quest is 1MB, doesn't mean it'll be long as hell. It depends on how much experience you have, how many tiles you make, and how long you make the quest. If you're just starting, expect a very long time to be spent. Very experienced users can make one in half the time.

Ganonator
02-24-2003, 11:52 PM
it also matters how you are going to use it. If you imported all of the newest tiles and animations, it might be 5 MB... you might only have one map done, but tiles are the key.

Don't judge the value of the quest from file size. Judge it from time it takes to complete. (Reminder: Extremely Long quests can suck equally to extremely short ones)

Blonde799
02-24-2003, 11:55 PM
*shortens quest by a few levels*
Anyway, you'll probably be spending the whole school year doing your quest, and then some.:)

Jigglysaint
02-24-2003, 11:59 PM
Wow, another Jpuff av user!

Making quests do take a long time. I've only finished one whole quest, and I have a ton of quests that are unfinished. My strength isn't about making quests, but trying to find ways to exploit new features and such. That's how I figured out how to make treasure chests and events, like boss keys before they were even added(c-dawg would be crying now if it wern't for me).

Freedom
02-25-2003, 12:16 AM
I imagine I put about 200 hours in Quest for Freedom.
future quests would take a lot more as that was a 190 quest and pretty basic.