PDA

View Full Version : Chronom Factor

VashdeStampedo!
02-24-2003, 09:26 AM
Well, my friend GateKeeper (a new member here), someone who posts here whos name I dont know (I'll call him the Suck), and myself are making a game called Chronom Factor. The alpha s available at www.AVBrown.com, though the alpha has nothing to do with what the game will actually be like. It's really just a test of GateKeeper's programming. The Suck works on the plot, or at least, was working on it at one point. I'll figure that out later. I make sure they spell everything right and don't kill small children with their grammar mistakes (i.e. Refelxes decides if you get shot good when you dodges at them), though I'll pick up on programming once I finish learning how. Any suggestions I'd be glad to read, though they might not be, but a couple whacks over the head should keep them in control.

Gerudo
02-24-2003, 11:12 AM
the site: the layout isnt too horrible, but get rid of the frames or the frame borders...

content: not bad, i checked out the .mov's, neat stuff...

the 'game' (i use the term VERY loosely)

not a bad effort, but why not make it so you DONT have to spen 30 minutes trying to evenly distribute your points? i didnt get past the 'distribute points' part... :\

VashdeStampedo!
02-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Well, the site's not mine (I don't like it either), and remember: the actual game won't be like that. We have a toggle button for +1/+5, which fixes that in what we have of the beta.

GateKeeper
02-24-2003, 08:16 PM
http://www.geocities.com/chronom_factor/Chronom_Factor_Plot_FULL.txt

latest version of plot

VashdeStampedo!
02-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Well, the Suck (Elemental Knight) wrote that. There are holes, but he's kinda lazy, so he hasn't fixed 'em yet (I think).

Gerudo, you're from Columbus? We are, too.

A bit of the plot/concept for those who don't want to read the massive gibberish: you play the Red Mage, who is hired to catch a thief. It ends up with massive holes in the space-time continuum. Then, more stuff happens, blah blah blah. That may change, though, as several of us want to change it.

VashdeStampedo!
02-26-2003, 03:22 PM
And we now have decided to get to work on the beta, and quit working on the alpha (finally). I'll make a new post if anything new comes out.

Gerudo
02-27-2003, 08:59 AM
vash, plz remember to use the edit button... unfortunately, if you keep double posting, ill be forced to report you to an senior mod or an admin... :shakeno:

what aprt of columbus you guys from? i live in canal winchester... check my profile for contacts :)

VashdeStampedo!
02-27-2003, 11:28 AM
I live by 71 and 161. I don't know about them.

Gerudo
02-28-2003, 04:23 PM
so you live right near the northeast side, eh?

i live on 70 and brice road (actually about a quarter mile from the gender/refugee split)

to get an idea, my zip is 43110

and by check my profile, i mean i have MSN, Y! and AIM...