PDA

View Full Version : "Tell Us at AOL what you think."

Ich
02-23-2003, 09:40 PM
I bothered to click on it, and gave them a piece of my mind:

Give us more than only two megs in our FTP space, don't bug us about high speed AOL, charge less, remove popups from your website, allow us to close the main AOL news window instead of just minimizing it (like macs can), charge less, allow us to export our buddy lists, allow us to have custom IM icons like they do in the FREE service, don't charge almost as much as high speed internet, allow for custom mail filters, charge less, make aol crash less, make aol faster, keep spammers out of your chatrooms, charge less, make the install less intrusive, make the uninstall more effective, charge less, enable POP3 service, add an export adress book, allow more characters in an instant message, enable IM pictures, allow dial up networking connections, charge less, remove bloatware features, allow international characters in this text box (umlauts and accents), and unmerge with Time Warner to allow their stock to recover.

The other alternative is the free market, and converting to something else, but my dad is lazy.

EDIT: I thought it was funny anyway.

Raichu86
02-24-2003, 11:25 PM
charge less should have been included more times. :p

They should start by making the AOL AIM client capable of doing everything AIM 5 can do. I'm tired of not being able to IM image people because they're on the AOL client. :shrug:

Ganonator
02-24-2003, 11:37 PM
yes, that is a great list. You forgot to mension that it is too pricey.

Saffith
02-24-2003, 11:54 PM
Charging less would be nice, but I think I'd prefer "Be worth paying $25 or so a month for."

SUCCESSOR
02-25-2003, 12:33 AM
you should have told them to commit software suicide and save the millions of internet souls.

Blonde799
02-25-2003, 12:52 AM
I just want the free crap to stop coming to my house.:shrug:

Brasel
02-25-2003, 01:31 AM
Hehe. You know, I would have said something about just avoiding it. But I see you mentioned that near the end. I know I'm against company bashing...but that was funny. ;)

TheGeepster
02-25-2003, 02:17 AM
I just find it odd that they only give you 45 days to use your 42 days and 17 hours of free use (Talk about a junkie with nothing better to do..). And then they start charging you if you forget to say, "Don't bill me, I cancel."

MottZilla
02-25-2003, 02:26 AM
I think I would have just said, "You suck." Takes far less time, and its a nice way to sum up what I think of AOL. ;p

TheGeepster
02-25-2003, 03:34 AM
Aaah, but that wouldn't be a suggestion Mottzilla. Perhaps something like "Die!" would be more appropriate. (That or "Try not to suck.")

Ich
02-25-2003, 10:35 AM
Eh, once my dad gets a job, we're going high-speed. And I feel sorry for Time-Warner. Case is a bastard.

J.J. Maxx
02-25-2003, 12:31 PM
Time Warner sucks. They want to sell me 60 channels of programming for over 40 dollars when I could get the same amount of channels in digital for 24.99 with Dish Network. (Where I work.) It's just silly.

Ich
02-25-2003, 12:55 PM
Okay, I feel sorry for Time. It's a decent magazine, and it employs Joel Stein. (http://www.time.com/time/columnist/stein/)

MoblinKing
02-25-2003, 10:02 PM
go here http://nomoreaolcds.com