PDA

View Full Version : My Quest doesn't work with anything but 1.90

gdorf
02-23-2003, 03:34 PM
I just tried out my quest (Double Trouble) for the first time in awhile, and it doesn't work in any of the new versions. I designed it using 1.90 and finished it about a year ago. Does anyone know why it doesn't work in 163 or 182?

When I start it up I get sent to a blank red screen that I can walk around in.

Sorry if this is a stupid question that has been asked many times, but I am truly clueless as to how to fix it, and I really want to be able to play my quest.

Also, I can't play it in 1.90 because 1.90 doesn't have sound for me, and I love my music. ;)

System Error
02-23-2003, 03:37 PM
Try making a copy of the quest, then opening it up in 163 or 182 ZQuest.exe to upgrade it to that version, then you may need to do minor adjustments. As for the music, configure AGSetup correctly.

VEL
02-23-2003, 04:18 PM
I've had the same thing happen to me with one of my quests, I think I fixed it by adjusting some things in the dmap, there is something where you can move the map around, I think it has a slide bar.

gdorf
02-24-2003, 01:00 AM
Yea, I thought that might be it, as it seems to be that sort of bug I used to get when I sent the user to screen -20. But, will I have to re-setup all the warps now?

VEL
02-24-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by gdorf
Yea, I thought that might be it, as it seems to be that sort of bug I used to get when I sent the user to screen -20. But, will I have to re-setup all the warps now?

I'm not sure if you will have to fix the warps or not, the quest it happened to me in had a title screen and that was the only dmap affected, and it only had one screen. It also happened so long ago I don't really remember much about it. I think it worked in 1.90, but didn't work correctly in beta 104. When it happened to me, I thought I just accidently moved the slide bar, but later found out it was a compatibility bug.

gdorf
02-24-2003, 01:46 AM
Well, I tried changing the slider, and now when I try and the biggest immprovement I can get is my quest causing ZC to close when I try to run it. If someone is willing to take a look at my quest please send an email to [email protected] and I'll probably send you a copy of the quest and the password. I really don't remember enough about zquest to figure this out.

I guess I can always just run it in 1.90, but music adds so much to a game, and its frustrating to know that anyone who wants to play it now has to get 1.90. Anyway, if you can help, I'd really appreciate it. :)