PDA

View Full Version : The Dmap #

ShadowTiger
02-23-2003, 01:21 PM
I have my overworld set on Dmap #9. Isn't this the one where the princess or GAnon is supposed to be? Or are all the Dmaps merely open slots, waiting to get data. Because I don't want to have to end up killing Ganon on my overworld. :sweat:

idontknow
02-23-2003, 01:43 PM
i believe that Ganon shows on Level #9, not dmap 9; also, When you get a triforce, does it go by what dmap # it was collected on (#s 1-8) or does it just go by the level # that the triforce had been collected on?

System Error
02-23-2003, 02:20 PM
It goes by the DMap it was collected on. I'm not sure if Mr. Biznatch Ganon and whorey Zelda have to be on DMap 9.

TheGeepster
02-23-2003, 06:52 PM
I don't think it matters on Ganon or Zelda. Then again, I was under the impression that the triforce depended on level # as opposed to dmap #. Maybe I test this little theory out. :eyebrow:

System Error
02-23-2003, 07:36 PM
It depends on the DMap number, for your levels no longer need numbers. Mine don't have numbers, and there are a lot of other ones in between. :)

Blonde799
02-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Ok, info check.
Level numbers 1-9 are used for getting triforce pieces. You can't acquire TPs on any other number but these.
Ganon doesn't have to be on level number 9 to be used.

BH4, if you're not collecting TPs, you can leave it as is, but if you are, change the OW's number to something else.

ShadowTiger
02-24-2003, 11:33 AM
Umm.. I think I'm using level # 200 or 220 as my Level # for my main overworld. Probably 200. An event triggers just fine there though, so that's no problem. (For the curious, it's a warp system, but looks much cooler. :cool: ) So thanks. I guess I won't be needing to change it after all, if it's just a Dmap slot, rather than necessary stuff.. or whatever. I just can't phrase it, but I understand. Thanks.

fatcatfan
02-24-2003, 12:43 PM
System Error has it a bit confused, so I want to reinforce what others are saying. The *level* number and *not* the dmap number are what determines the behavior. The only DMAP which gets special treatment is DMAP 0.

idontknow
02-24-2003, 04:32 PM
oooh thank god! system error scared the hell out of me cuz i am creating my dungeons one after the other & so i have like my first dungeon spanning dmap #s 2-4 or something and i set the level # for all of them to 1, thinking it was in fact the level # that derermines the triforce pieces..if it wasn't, i'd have to go back & redo my dmaps, and warps, & all that!

TheGeepster
02-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Level # definitely makes more sense, FCF.

ShadowTiger
02-27-2003, 04:25 PM
Yes. Thank you very much. A few questions now.

1) I probably already know this, but the special feature that Dmap 0 has, is that if there's an item there on the extreme first screen of the first dmap, i.e. the screen you start the quest on, if there's an item there, it won't appear until you re-enter the screen? I used this trick in my first quest. It could have stumped the lot of ye too, considering it was an 1.84 quest. :naughty:

2) Level #0 must be an overworld?

3) Level #'a 1-8 are all triforce collection piece dungeons. So if I collect the triforce in one room and have it as a boss flag, the boss will never respawn, even if it's a death knight or super darknut?

4) Level #9 is Ganon AND Zelda, or just Ganon? If so, which is Zelda's Level #?

......... After saying that, I think Link deserves his own Level #. He goes around saving people, and Zelda might have her own, (if she did.) eeh, never mind. Stupid humor.

fatcatfan
02-27-2003, 04:30 PM
Level #0 has overworld properties. It doesn't specifically have to be an overworld dmap type, but several places in the code check for level number zero and operate based on that.

DMAP 0 has only two special properties that I'm aware of - you always begin a quest for the first time on DMAP 0, and DMAP 0 is *always* considered to have the "continue here" flag checked, even if it isn't checked in ZQuest.

I'm not sure about Ganon and Zelda

TheGeepster
02-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Victory flags can be placed on any map I think. Also, I can't think of any good reason to restrict the Ganon room enemy flag to be restricted to Lev #9 unlike the triforce pieces. I will test this tomorrow.

Questwizard88
02-27-2003, 07:59 PM
They can be put on any Dmap. Triforce dungeons are 1 through 8 only.

Ielen
02-27-2003, 10:39 PM
Your Dmap must correspond to your map, so if you want to have several Level 9 Dmap Titles, you can set them all.
For example, Dmap 9 can be Level 9, Dmap 10 can be Ganon.
You need to ensure for all your Level 9 dmaps must be linked to the same map where you have your Level 9.

ShadowTiger
02-28-2003, 09:26 AM
I tested a few things, ( / remembered them too.) and Ganon cannot be placed on a cave dmap really. I had some problems in TP level 5 where Ganon was the boss, but not the L9 boss, just a regular ol' holographics "battle me and I'll go away" boss. It's still in my Geocities account if you want to see it for yourself. You would enter the scene, and Ganon wouldn't appear, and the music would be the Z64 ganondorf theme, but then immediately shifted to another song. At that point I was quite distraught, and just decided to give it another try later. But Ganon can't appear on a cave Dmap, I believe,

and yes, you can rescue Zelda on any screen due to the Zelda flags.