PDA

View Full Version : I drew some smilies...

ShadowTiger
02-23-2003, 01:00 PM
I drew a few smilies while working on my ZC quest. I took one of the smilies as a template, and cleared it, and drew in some more. I don't quite have the picture prepared just yet, but that's all for the best, I assume.

Is it possible to import and use smilies ripped from a screenshot taken in ZQuest? If it isn't, then nevermind. If it is, I'll prepare a picture, hosting it... somewhere... :think: ..

I've got a smily looking up at the sky, tearing slightly, (my favorite, though it's not that good, but we'll see.) and I also have the :sb: smily's twin, a yellow :D copy, another kawaii, just less.. mouthy, and a few others. We'll see tomorrow.

So is it possible to get BMP smilies up and working?

System Error
02-23-2003, 02:43 PM
I think it needs to be a .gif for it to work right on most people's computers. Other than that, great!

Ganonator
02-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Yes. GIFs are the format to work with.

I'm actually eager to see what you've got. It seems that the only recent addition at all is now only :toast:

Ich
02-23-2003, 07:02 PM
We should get the dancing banana smilie or the happy orthodox jewish man smilie. (http://members.aol.com/tobiasdertypo/banana.gif andhttp://members.aol.com/tobiasdertypo/jewish.gif respectively).

System Error
02-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Pretty good stuff ICHBINDASWALROSS. Dancing bananas are cool, but why the jewish dude? That's kinda racist ya know...with all the Jew bashing going on in the chat. :-/

ShadowTiger
02-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Hey! :kawaii: A Jewish smily! Cutie! :giggle: J/K. :-/

Anywho, I managed to get the smilies. I might have to double post if I am to upload the smilies correctly. The reason is, the server was down this morning, (the school PC's, rather.) so I couldn't upload them all at all, so I drew some more in my spare time. So now what's in the zip file, doesn't quite match the updated smilies, because the school doesn't have any zip capabilites at all. So please excuse the double post. Thank you.

ShadowTiger
02-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Again, sorry to double post. I just had to use the post attachment thingy. OK then. I cut them out in Paint, the same place where I drew them, saved them individually as a 16x16 tile, and saved them manually as a .GIF file, you should know. OK, this is a zip file, which also includes the above file, just not as updated, as well as a txt file that pretty much says what I've just said. Enjoy! ^_^

Fatty Lumpkin
02-24-2003, 12:19 PM
They're not bad, but I think they just have a different feel than the pre-existing smilies. :shrug:

ShadowTiger
02-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Hmm.. Well, thank you. I like the smilies, but I haven't quite felt that "different feel" just yet. I mean, sure I created them, but if they were on PZC or CZC, then by all means, they would look different. Compare the :D smily with one of the smilies in there. Would you believe that I got the template for the smilies from the :sb: smily? So build that as the foundation for the smilies, or whatever you'll do...... Just enjoy the smilies.

moocow
02-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Those are cool, BH4 :D Good job! :)

TheGeepster
02-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Need to set the white to transparent on the Jewish one. I like the banana one.

Ich
02-24-2003, 10:04 PM
I'm not 1337 enough to know how to do that. The reason I included the happy orthodox jewish man is just... because. It's cool.

ShadowTiger
02-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Yeah. I suppose it is... cool... in a foppish way, I suppose. Then again, being a bit Jewish myself, I have no opinions of it. It confuses me that I do not know.

Now, if these smilies were to be included, ... and can I get an administrator's opinion on this please, if I drew them totally in paint, then while saving them as the Smilies, when I cut them out individually, (again, I used the same size as the :sb: smily.) as I saved it, I just moved it to "all files" instead of a .bmp file, and then manually added a .GIF extension after it. Would this allow the individual smily to become fully compatible with AGN or any forum, or would it's .GIF extension just become a mask to hide its primitive origins? Please answer! Please! :cry:

Nite_Fire_Guard
02-28-2003, 03:15 AM
BH4 --and anyone else who is interested--

If you would like, I can put your smileys on my website. Ive got a whole page full of them. (141 smileys to be exact, more on the way.)
Also, just changing the extension from .bmp to .gif usually wont work. (I know, I tried it.) The way you are suggesting trying to save them as .gif wouldnt give you are real .gif extension, instead it would probably give you a filename like "smiley.gif.bmp" or at least, thats the result I got when I tried to do just that.

I have some freeware graphics programs where I can change .bmp into .ico .cur .ani or .jpg. (Sorry, but none of my programs make .gif files. ) if you want them in .ani (animated) form, i can make them wink, cry, roll about, or whatever you can dream of.

IF you want to see what I can create, just visit my site, the custom cursor that appears (the axe) is one of my creations.
I just finished my new winamp skin (complete with custom cursors), so i need a new project. I already have the download, so, let me know if you want me to convert them for ya.

Strider
02-28-2003, 12:46 PM
Ok I converted all the smiles to gif and added transparency and fixed the black color, grab them here. (http://webpages.charter.net/dark_link/Temp/NewSmilies.zip)

Don't ever use bmp on the net, its too big (and does not have transparency), and just changing the file name to gif does no good, it need to be converted in a gif progarm (like PSP and IR).

I use Paint Shop Pro (http://www.jasc.com) (PSP), Animation Shop (comes with PSP) and Image Ready (IR, comes with Photo Shop) for all the image editing. Paint is no good web image program at all.

VashdeStampedo!
02-28-2003, 12:54 PM
On my computer if I save it as a .gif under all files, no matter how I made it (except if it;s really stupid to do, like word processor documents) it saves it as a .gif. I don't know, though, maybe mine has a converter somewhere that I have yet to find. I like the smilies.