PDA

View Full Version : question to C (or others who might know)

DeathLink
02-22-2003, 06:40 PM
in Cdowg's trick for making trade sequences in ZC, he says stuff about "Trigger Enemy" "Dng boss combo trigger" "dgn boss" what are thos?

1. The Mechanics

There are three mechanical principles you need to know to pull this off: Boss flags, stair/pit multiwarps, and making a character you can talk to by walking up to. Look elsewhere for detailed explinations as to how to do this.

2. The Showmanship

You're going to need a series of interesting characters and things they might want. A monkey wants a banana, a turtle wants Shell Polish, DFW wants a man, whatever. Make yourself tiles for all of these.

3. The Combination

The application should be pretty straightforward. Assume we have a 4-step trading chain.

First, we make a room where Link aquires the first item. Let's say it's a banana, as in the example above. This screen will take place on a dmap with level X. Place the banana on the ground as a stair warp. Set the blue and green flags on top of the banana. Place a Secret flag on top of the banana. Set that secret combo to be the normal walkable combo using a tile of the floor. Select a Trigger Enemy and set the Dungeon Boss, Enemies-> Secret flags.

Go to another screen on the same dmap. Make a room with two convayer-down combos directly next to one another horizontally. Place the green and blue flags on the upper convayer combo. Place a Kill All Enemies flag on the botom convayer combo. Layer on top of this a picture of the room the banana was in, only put a picture of the character holding up the banana where the banana was. Set the Dgn Boss combo- Trigger,DgnBoss,En->Scrt.

Set both of the above rooms to tile warp between each other. Now you have made link pick up the banana, and the Dungeon Boss flag of level X is the variable that says "I have a banana".

Next, make the screen where the monkey lives on a dmap with level number X. Place pit warps all around the monkey. Place Secret flags on top of all pit warps. Set the secret combos to be stair warps identical to the pit warps. Set the

* Next, make the screen where the monkey talks. Place stair warps all about. On the very bottom of the screen, make an inverted "u" shape with unwalkable combos and stick a convay-down in the middle of them. Place the green and blue flags in this little "u"- so that as soon as link enters there, he's pushed off the side of the screen. Set the guy to fire, put A String that is appropriate whether Link has the banana or not, such as "Hello, boy!". Cover the whole thing with layers as usual for a conversation screen.

Now you need two sequences of conversations- cut scene like things. Make one series, connected by tile warps, where the Monkey tells Link he wants the banana. Make another series on dmap level Y where the Monkey accepts the banana and gives Link the Shell Polish. Make sure they all end up putting Link back in the first screen.

On the first conversation screen (described in paragraph *) set the TILE warp to take you to the first conversation, and the SOUTH SIDE warp to take you to the second conversation.

Just repeat this idea for each extra person in the chain. The turtle sits on Dmap level Y normally, but bringing him the item changes the pits to stairs and pushes link into Dmap level Z, where he gets the man. DFW is on Dmap level Z, and gives link the end-of-sequence prize.

NOTE: There is one problem with this setup- the guys will keep giving you the item every time you visit them. To correct this, you need to insert a THIRD dmap in each case and a SECOND innocuous introductory conversation screen... this might be too much work.

Blonde799
02-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Trigger enemies are enemies that are invisible, and aren't actual enemies. They're used in the rooms you want the aftermath of an event trigger to happen in. Boss flags are refering to the dungeon boss enemy flag in the enemy flag menu. For example: You have two rooms with the same level number, one with a molblin in it, and another with the trigger enemy, and the molblin room has the enemies->secret SF checked, with the dungeon boss flag on. If you kill the molblin in that room, he triggers the room's secret.

If you have the same parameters in the trigger enemy room as well(without any other enemies except the trigger enemy), all you'd have to do is kill the enemy in the molblin room, and the trigger enemy will automatically die, and reveal the room's secret without you doing anything in that room, thus, making an event.:)

idontknow
02-22-2003, 10:40 PM
i already knew all this but what is meant by "trade sequence"?

Blonde799
02-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Activating a boss flag, and then have a certain place accessable only by going through a room that has the same boss flag in it.

TheGeepster
02-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Once a boss flag room in a level is beat, all enemies in all boss flag rooms are dead. I didn't know, however how the trigger enemy worked.. Arigatou!

System Error
02-23-2003, 02:25 PM
I knew how it worked. Personally, I don't like the Boss Flag rooms and won't use them. This should be in Quest Editor help, by the way.

Blonde799
02-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by System Error
Personally, I don't like the Boss Flag rooms and won't use them.
Why.....not?:confuse2:

System Error
02-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Because. The normal enemies in my quest don't care if their master is dead. They still roam around. And normal bosses die and never come back. Custom bosses? Well, I do use them for there. I dunno, I just don't really like that flag, but it would be useful for some areas I may put in my quest you can only kill after killing the guardian of the place. :-/