PDA

View Full Version : The Music of Metroid Prime

Dart Zaidyer
02-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Now, everyone knows the music in Metroid Prime kicks ass. But apparently, what everyone DOESN'T know is how to get such greatness onto your computer. Including me.

Man, I SO want the end credits theme... But it's nowhere! Nowhere I say! At least, nowhere outside of evil warez and vote-for-me-to-enter sites. (Which are hard to find, even as it is.)

Anyone know anything about where to get it?

(By the way, to my knowledge I don't believe the policy here forbids this sort of request, and I couldn't find out for sure because there's no sticky thread regarding the subject. So please don't blame me if I broke the rules. I wouldn't know.)

Thunderbird
02-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Surely there's some way to rip the music from the disc itself. It should be able to be put into a DVD ROM drive, cause GameCube discs are just mini-DVDs.

Mak-X
02-22-2003, 11:11 PM
I don't know of any soundtrack yet, I subscribe to Nintendo Power so I figure they'd do it eventually, and the MDb would know of any when they become available.

What you'd have to do is plug the audio of your Gamecube into the line in of your computer and record it, though you'd need a tv as well nearby unless you had a video capture card to see the video on your computer like I do. I just recorded the Zelda bonus disc intro (http://139.81.135.181/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3688) last night using the Creative Wave Studio that came with my Sound Blaster Live! card. I recorded a wav then coverted it to mp3. The problem with recording stuff is that it's a lot of time and work. For the end credits theme youd have to play through the end of Metroid Prime and be able to record it and not mess up.

KINGOFALLME2
02-22-2003, 11:43 PM
The other site i hang out has link to a place with Metroid prime MP3s...let me go find it and if i can i'll put the link here

Link 101
02-23-2003, 12:56 AM
I have the Magmoor Caverns MIDI. It sounds great! I got it at www.vgmusic.com. (To lazy to go to post reply, sorry for the inconvience!)

vegeta1215
02-23-2003, 04:20 AM
I haven't beaten Prime yet. I just got the X-Ray visor, and I think I'm getting close. But the end music is really cool huh? I've been really impressed with the music overall. Its sounds very much like previous Metroid music (I think it's the same compsoer), and it's the finishing touch on this kick ass game.

btw, isn't the music that they play when you are being hunted by the space pirates when you invade their forts freak you out?!? It freaks me out! That's the scary part in there for ya. If a Metroid game isn't creepy in some way, it's not Metroid, and the music plays a big part in the creepyness (at least for me)

MottZilla
02-23-2003, 06:26 AM
You can not rip ANY data from GC discs by simply placing the DVD in a DVD drive. The discs are pressed specifically to be invalid to standard PC DVDROMs and DVD Players.

The only way to rip music is running an audio line to your soundcard. It's best to wait for an official sound track CD/Mp3s.

Ian
02-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Well, I know VGmusic has a lot in midi form, but no MP3's. Though, I am looking for some of those midi's in wav. form. But if you have a program like kazaa or something, you should be able to find it there.

Mak-X
02-23-2003, 01:28 PM
I liked the reuse of some themes. When you fight the Parasite Queen on the space vessel, it plays a version of the Mother Brain battle theme from Super Metroid. When you land on Tallon IV, the music works its way into the Brinstar theme, I thought that was really cool how it did that and I realized what the music was from. And of course the Magmoor Caverns has the Deep Norfair theme from Super Metroid, one of my favorite themes from Super Metroid.