PDA

View Full Version : A new Continue?

ShadowTiger
02-21-2003, 12:47 PM
According to Fatcatfan, or someone saying that it happened, there might be a new way of continuing. What will this be about? How will it work? How will it differ from the present one? And I don't really know all that much about it to begin with, so I just have to ask, and hope for some kind of answer...

fatcatfan
02-21-2003, 01:15 PM
It will essentially work as it already does, I've just fixed the bug. The change is in where you begin when you *resume* from a save file. Previously, you always resumed on the DMAP continue screen of the last "continue here" DMAP which you passed through. I've extended this so that you resume from save on the "continue here" DMAP at the same place you would continue if you had died immediately after entering the "continue here" DMAP.

More explicitly, the destination of entrance/exit warps act as continue points, as do *inter*-DMAP scrolling warps. If you enter a DMAP through any other kind of warp, you will continue there on its continue screen, as set in the DMAP editor dialog. This has been the continue behavior for some time, there was just a bug or two in the code. Now, if a DMAP is flagged as "continue here" you will resume from save on that DMAP according to rules above, instead of always on the DMAP continue screen.

This solution gives quest designers a lot of control, without really being too complex. However, some folks still have issues with it, so I may add a little bit more in order to make everyone happy.

idontknow
02-21-2003, 05:52 PM
i have a suggestion: "continue here" screen flag that allows you to continue there when you save...otherwise, it would continue from the continue spot specified in the dmap editor or the last "continue here" screen that Link was on...this would be great!

Cronic
02-21-2003, 06:15 PM
I just want the player to not continue on an abitrary screen if that helps :)

fatcatfan
02-21-2003, 06:38 PM
That's fixed, DC. I hope.

C-Dawg
02-21-2003, 06:50 PM
Yea. The only two horrendous bugs were
1) The hold-over of the last e/e warp location to a new dmap that would make you continue in bad places
and
2) The save-and-quit bug where you'd start at 0,0 when you resumed.
Fatcatfan has fixed them both.

-C

Coder GT
02-21-2003, 11:03 PM
Sounds good to me, hope it works.

System Error
02-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Let's not forget the infamous map crash that happens to some people.