PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality-Xtreme released!

DarkFlameWolf
02-19-2003, 01:47 PM
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetdescent/darkwolf/HDXtreme.zip
This requires beta 183 player to play. Consider this as a 'second quest' to the original Hidden Duality where the only changes are these:
- There are 8 more Heart containers to obtain, found in 8 specific Secret Grottos. So try and find as many grottos as possible, you may come across another heart!
- You can now achieve up to 24 hearts maximum.
- You start off with the wooden arrow as part of your init data.
- You can now buy the silver arrow in all shops that once sold wooden ones.
- You can now find the fire arrow in the Ice Palace.
- You can only find and buy the red mail for 500 rupees in the shop near the tree grove.
- You can acquire the gold pendant (ring) in Brickwall Depths.
- The enemies are insanely harder and expect to fight crackos, death knights and more on a regular basis.

Do NOT complain about this quest being too hard, I ALREADY KNOW THAT! This is only meant for those gung-ho Zelda hardcore fans who want nothing more than a hard-ass quest challenge. The aim of this quest (although beatable, I tested it myself) is to kill you many, MANY times. If you ever manage to beat this 'version' of HD, then consider yourself a elite Zelda Classic player! Whoever is the first 3 people to show me the ending screen of this quest with the String text of 'holy shiznit' (and what comes after it) displayed to me, has the option of being exclusive testers for my next quest. :) I know it isn't much, but hey, I had to have some sort of prize. Enjoy everyone! :D

Gerudo
02-19-2003, 02:27 PM
here is a link for those who dont have a gamespy account

http://65.24.233.116/other/HDXtreme.zip

i dont garauntee any speed... this is just an alternative to people who are too lazy for register...

but holy crap, this quest was hard for me... (i consider myself a novice) im good, but not great,

very cool DFW! :)

bmowrey
02-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Darn it, I already had plans this weekend!! Well, maybe I can reschedule . . . :)

System Error
02-19-2003, 08:22 PM
KICKASS!!!!!!!!! Time to play...if my bitchnazt computer will cooperate...

DarkFlameWolf
02-19-2003, 08:44 PM
I made a goof. The dude in level 8 who tells you where to find the Silver Arrow in Xtreme. My bad, what he MEANT to say is, where to find the FIRE ARROW. Forgot to edit that string. Oh well, minor goof, no big deal.

System Error
02-19-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah, doesn't really matter to me. It plays fine, but quests like DoY don't work. Probably it's bitching about that because that quest is over 2 Megs. 1989 KB for HDExtreme. That's damn close to 2 Megs. >_< As for the quest, I like those Keese Tribbles. Now, they give out easy Magic, no having to leave level 2 to stock up on Magic again and again! I also found the first new heart container. I may consider buying that Magic Shield for 250 or so rupees at that shop. It's a one-hell-of-a-rip-off, but it's worth it.

Turn-A Gamer
02-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Wow. Hidden Duality, in Original and now in new S&M flavor.

lily
02-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Thanks DFW for a new challange.:)

DarkFlameWolf
02-24-2003, 07:08 PM
No problem Lily, I'm still in the process of getting 0 deaths on this quest version now too! I'm on level 5 and struggling to NOT die. OMG!!!! The quest IS beatable, but I'm not sure if its beatable without any deaths....we shall see...so far, level 5 with no deaths is pretty damn good, don't you think? :D

TheGeepster
02-24-2003, 07:21 PM
I didn't even make it that far in the non-masochistic version without dying.

ADDITION: After 11 deaths, I finally decided to earn and pony up 250 rupees so I could get the boomerang. (The first dungeon item you can get.) All I can say right now is, "DUDE!"

And I can't wait for bragging rights after this...