PDA

View Full Version : the most insanely fun game ever

Matteo
02-19-2003, 07:58 AM
Uncharted Waters 2: New Horizons for SNES (also for PC and genesis or so I hear).

This game has kept me up for the past three days straight.

Why?

Because u can choose between five completely different storylines
Because u can sail all over the entire 1500's world... yeah all the cites and land are there.
u can be more into fighting or pirating... or be a trader and merchant or try to gain nobility or look for exotic animals and artifacts around the world. You can recruit fellow sailors (only if your rankings are high enough) You can give gifts to girls (or be a girl pirate yourself).. fight in sea battles, challenge duels, do odd jobs, build all sorts of ships play blackjack with fellow sailors for $$, try to ally towns on your side, buy weapons and armor... even change alliances to another world power... Its too good to be true... the game is endless in value and replay.

Everything that Pirates! was and much much more.

cap2030
02-19-2003, 02:12 PM
I played that game and saw the awesome potential of it.

Unfortunately I suck and couldnt make money,and couldnt buy food for my sailors,they all died or at least they told me they did.

;)

I'm gonna have to give the game another go one day.

I think people should at least check it out.

there's a version over at underdogs dont remember if it was snes or pc version.

Matteo
02-19-2003, 03:52 PM
yeah its not easy to just jump into.... read a faq from www.gamefaqs.com to give u a little advice and jump start your game.

SiliconHero
02-20-2003, 12:17 AM
There are actually 6 characters. I like Joao and Catalina's stories.

Hmm...think I'll make 'em both pirates, just for the fun of it.

Matteo
04-08-2009, 05:41 PM
This just came out for the VC!
Amazing and unexpected. Go download now!

Great fansite:
http://www.unchartedwatersnewhorizons.com/

Daarkseid
04-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah, unexpected. I always figured the Uncharted Waters games were too obscure to ever be considered for VC release.

Coincidentally, the game was released just as I was replaying it on the SNES(I own the cartridge). I'd buy it to play on my Wii, but I let my brother borrow it several weeks ago so he could play Rock Band 2. Probably won't see it again for quite a while.