PDA

View Full Version : Which controlers work with zc

Omnaviden
02-19-2003, 05:08 AM
Operating System: Windows XP
Zelda Classic Version: 1.90 Windows I dont really consider this a bug but more of a frusteration i am trying to use my wingman rumble pad to control link but unfortunetly it doesnt seem to work i went into the controler options and tried to set the buttons but when i pressed the buttons to set it zc does not respond. I would really appreciate an answer on this because i know my game pad works i just wanna know if i am missing something or if zc isnt compatible with
all game pads and if not which ones are compatible with zc

VEL
02-19-2003, 03:00 PM
Is it a usb controller? I think those might not work with ZC (it might just be older versions).

Omnaviden
02-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Yes, it hooks into a usb port so i suppose i need to get one that hooks into the printer port. Thanx for the info.

VEL
02-19-2003, 05:01 PM
You could try downloading the windows version of the newest version of ZC, to see if it works in that one. http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66621

Verbatim
02-19-2003, 05:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I've gotten my controller working with ZC...it's a Belkin Nostromo, and plugs into a USB port. I do have to use the software that came with it in order to make it treat the Dpad like a joystick (it has a swap Dpad and analog stick option), since ZC can't detect and use a true Dpad.

I play with my keyboard, though--I'm just so used to it by now. I'll double check tonight (different comp), and edit this post tomorrow to say whether I'm sure it's working.

RipperX
02-20-2003, 03:26 AM
I use a Playstation Control pad that plugs into my USB outlet and it works fine with 1.90. Are you trying to set it in ZC itself? The only place to configure your Gamepad is in the settings program that you used to set your soundcard for ZC.

It works for 1.90 but I couldn't get it to take in any of the betas.

- RIP